At least we got one new channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Okay just got off with a rep, I am very surprised when I asked about channel 498, he thought I was asking something new, what do the reps do there, they have no clue whats going on, tired of this waiting game

Do I have to get them from D*?
Im so tired of this bullsh&t. How many times have we tested the B Band converters? on 499, on 480, on 481 and now 489 doesnt work and someone is saying its the B band converters? WTF???? All because of something that should be inside the d@mn boxes to begin with!!! Now the customer pays for their design screw up. And Half of the silly things are defective it seems.

Im so tired of this bullsh&t. How many times have we tested the B Band converters? on 499, on 480, on 481 and now 489 doesnt work and someone is saying its the B band converters? WTF???? All because of something that should be inside the d@mn boxes to begin with!!!

Yep.. I have been wondering bout these 1930 model B-Band Modules. It's something that seems to be a problem. D* has know that they were going to be using this band probably since the design of D10 was finalized. So can someone who knows more than me tell me why the boxes wern't designed to do all this internally in the first place.

Yep.. I have been wondering bout these 1930 model B-Band Modules. It's something that seems to be a problem. D* has know that they were going to be using this band probably since the design of D10 was finalized. So can someone who knows more than me tell me why the boxes wern't designed to do all this internally in the first place.
:up:up:up And to think I left a spectacular HDtivo for this headache?

My signals are reading 1-8 at 0 and 9-16 first four 0 then 11 last one 0 17-24 0 and N/A for 103b. What is going on why don't I have a strong signal? I don't have bad weather. I have a strong signal with the others though.

Hi

Boston Homer you will need to tweak the alignment of the 5 lnb dish, your readings should be in the 90s .

Information can be found on this site to adjust the dish or call your installer back.

Matt

Where can I find how to adjust the dish? BTW I have the Zinwall SAM-4803 does this work for the new channels or do I have to get the Zinwell WB68?

You need the "WB" switch for the 5lnb dish.

I would fix the switch before I touched the dish alignment.

Matt

D* replaced my WNC SWA-48 with a ZinWell WB68 when they swapped out my dish a couple weeks ago. It wasn't on his original work order but when I asked if it needed to be replaced to get the new HD signals he thought it might, so he gave me one and I did the swap.

It seemed odd replacing a working, powered multiswitch with one that does not require external power, but I have good signals and can see channel 498, so I guess it was the thing to do.

D* replaced my WNC SWA-48 with a ZinWell WB68 when they swapped out my dish a couple weeks ago. It wasn't on his original work order but when I asked if it needed to be replaced to get the new HD signals he thought it might, so he gave me one and I did the swap.

It seemed odd replacing a working, powered multiswitch with one that does not require external power, but I have good signals and can see channel 498, so I guess it was the thing to do.

The new WB-68 handles a Wider band than the existing one you have been using, if you have less than 5 receivers you would not need the MS.

The current MS the two of you have mentioned could very well be why your not getting the signals you expect.

Jimbo

don't have a picture on 498 on my HR20 but when I hit the info button it says if you can see information slider you are ok ... went to 480 and 481 it said b band okay ... do I need to reboot recv. or another dumb question does it matter which converter goes on which input ?

Have been looking into the forums about the channel 498 HR20 black screen and gray screen problem.
looks like a software glitch to me.some with problems are running on old multi-switch equipment and not the
new "WB" wide band model.

Here are a couple examples of how some tricked the HR20 unit into showing congratulations screen.

Example 1:

Kept playing with my system (HR20-700) started recording channel 72 switched back to 498 nothing.
Then started recording channel 73 along with 72.
Switched back to 498 after canceling the recording on 73 finally got the congrats slide on 498.
Switched back to 73 than 72 then back to 498 and I lost the slide.

This worked for me HR20 - 700.

Example 2:
HR20-700.
AT9
no multiswitch
BBC's installed.
Native mode off. Only have 1080i resolution enabled on HR20-700.
Sammy 42" plasma.
HDMI input.

Read about changing native off/on then ch to 72>73>498.
Didn't work.

Turned native on and turned on 480P and 720P resolution. Then did the
ch 72>73>498

And again I get the congrats screen and also get success on 480/481.

Hope this helps others.

Matt

I have no signal on 480, 481 and 498, called a CSR and they are sending me a replacement BBC.

Is that it? Just a bad BBC or should I be opening up a can of woop ass?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)