At my wits end.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SPower

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2019
Fallon, NV
Hi,

I have a king VQ4550 satellite dish with a Wally receiver. According to the Sat Finder app I have the dish pointed in the right direction. It is clear of any obstacles. It is automatic so I just need to point it in the right direction and it does the rest. Problem is I can't seem to get satellite 129! I have had it before at this location. Any ideas why I'm not getting 129? The receiver is HD, so without 129 I am missing a bunch of HD channels.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I am currently located here 89406

Is it possible to force 129 by selecting it in the settings?

Too many variables to pin down what the problem is. Have you unplugged the receiver, waited a few minutes and plugged back in to make it find the satellites?

Is there any settings to check for the auto part of finding the satellites?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Too many variables to pin down what the problem is. Have you unplugged the receiver, waited a few minutes and plugged back in to make it find the satellites?

Is there any settings to check for the auto part of finding the satellites?
I have tried everything I can think of, especially the obvious stuff, reboot, unplug, move dish.....no settings for the dish itself

Reactions: Tampa8
I feel your pain. Sounds like the same kind of problems I had with every King Controls product I ever bought, including two automatic dome dishes. Finally gave up and bought a decent Winegard dish and no more problems.

Kings can be very finicky with level ness. Also the back handle has to be perfectly pointed true North. Another thing to try is in the initial setup menu try telling it you live one state to the west. Third thing to try is to force an update, earlier this summer they had an update relating to travel dishes.

Reactions: JSheridan
Kings can be very finicky with level ness. Also the back handle has to be perfectly pointed true North. Another thing to try is in the initial setup menu try telling it you live one state to the west. Third thing to try is to force an update, earlier this summer they had an update relating to travel dishes.

Finicky is right I guess, I just kept moving it to different spots. Did this for hours! Must have walked 5 miles moving it then going inside to try it. I finally got it to work last night. Don't really like where the dish is sitting to make it work, but what are you gonna do....

Question, what will telling it I'm one state over to the west do? I'm very curious about this idea! Thanks!!

Reactions: charlesrshell
I feel your pain. Sounds like the same kind of problems I had with every King Controls product I ever bought, including two automatic dome dishes. Finally gave up and bought a decent Winegard dish and no more problems.

Which Winegard dish did you get? Thanks!

Finicky is right I guess, I just kept moving it to different spots. Did this for hours! Must have walked 5 miles moving it then going inside to try it. I finally got it to work last night. Don't really like where the dish is sitting to make it work, but what are you gonna do....

Question, what will telling it I'm one state over to the west do? I'm very curious about this idea! Thanks!!
Couple years ago I was camping in central North Dakota, and it was only picking up 110. After an hour of repositioning I was about to give up, so one last try I started entering different states, and Montana is the one that worked. Software bug, antenna pointing too far west, I have no idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)