AT&T and Dish Online

jon_ad

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Hilliard, Ohio
I subscribed through ATT and can not use Dish Networks online account management system and have to make all changes to programming and order PPV over the phone. Will ATT customers be able to use the Dish Online services to schedule recordings when this becomes available.

What ATT doesn't Tell You

I have ATT Homezone and have discovered in some respects it is Dish Lite. ATT doesn't tell you up front that you will missing features that you are paying for.

The only features missing that I have found are the use the online account management and the ability to add channels or purchase PPV through the receiver. You have to call for all purchases. Also when you call the number to authorize your external harddrive you get transferred to an ATT agent after the Dish agent answers. It took me an additional 30 minutes on the phone to get authorized. I do save 4.00 a month on my bill by going through ATT, which won't be worth it if I will not be able to use the Dish Online features.

With Homezone

You miss: Dish Interactive Online account management External Hard Drive capability Reduced HD DVR capacity Web support such as FAQ, Help, Chat, Email And you pay $10.00 more per month for the extra features, Web Remote, Movielink, and Photo/MP3 playback, that just aren't ready for prime time. They are primitive, hobbled, crippled, and user-hostile. You do get Yahoo Launchcast Radio PLUS access included. It is also strange to me that ATT Yahoo TV scheduling allows you to link to TiVo but not their own boxes. You do get 2Wire telephone support which is exceptional. They speak a dialect you can understand, are extremely knowledgeable. If they don't know an answer, they will get it.

You have to call to purchase PPV? I've never had to do that and we have purchased tons of PPV. Is this something new?

On an issue slightly off topic. Does anyone with ATT/DISH remember getting a letter telling how to move from ATT/DISH to just regular DISH? I seem to remember getting a letter like that, but misplaced it.

You have to call to purchase PPV? I've never had to do that and we have purchased tons of PPV. Is this something new?

On an issue slightly off topic. Does anyone with ATT/DISH remember getting a letter telling how to move from ATT/DISH to just regular DISH? I seem to remember getting a letter like that, but misplaced it.

I scanned it and posted the letter. Let me find it.

Not the best scan but it's readable.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/416448-post4.html

Thanks RandallA!! Did you call the number to uncombine your billing? If you did, did they have you send your receiver back?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)