AT&T and Dish

Camdog916

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I know that AT&T and Dish severed ties awhile back and was wondering what AT&T or Dish is going to with their customers. I am one of those customers and have heard nothing from Dish or AT&T. Are they going to switch all the customers to just Dish customers or what. I still pay my Dish on my AT&T bill is that going to stop?

You have always been an AT&T customer, never a Dish customer. That arrangement is a bit time-consuming to explain, so I won't.

In time, AT&T will switch you to Direct TV, if they don't have AT&T Uverse in your area. It should be at no cost to you, and Dish is forbidden to contact you according to the agreement Dish had with AT&T.

You have always been an AT&T customer, never a Dish customer. That arrangement is a bit time-consuming to explain, so I won't.

In time, AT&T will switch you to Direct TV, if they don't have AT&T Uverse in your area. It should be at no cost to you, and Dish is forbidden to contact you according to the agreement Dish had with AT&T.
:eek:

That's funny cause I got something from Dish last week saying they have a specail reward for me. They want me to switch programming. :up
:haha:neener

What to do

I also am in this ATT Dish trap I don't wish to go to directv what shud I do? And is there a thread explaining this so I can understand whats going on?

What ever gave you the idea that ATT would just up and move you to Directv ?

That is definatly false .

If you are a ATT /Dish sub, you will continue to be a ATT / Dish sub.

ATT will continue to support the DISH subs if your having issues.

IF you would like to move to U-Verse, if available, you can and if you want to move to Directv you can.

trap

It would be a trap if I was moved automatically by ATT to Directv or something else.

What ever gave you the idea that ATT would just up and move you to Directv ?

That is definatly false .

If you are a ATT /Dish sub, you will continue to be a ATT / Dish sub.

ATT will continue to support the DISH subs if your having issues.

IF you would like to move to U-Verse, if available, you can and if you want to move to Directv you can.
And you can also move to Dish only as well. I was able to do it and was given a new account number and new subscriber discounts...

I just called today to see whether I could switch to being billed by Dish rather than ATT. This after warnings a couple months ago that it would be very difficult (and when they had the partnership, you pretty much had to be without either service for a few months before you could switch).

No mention of special, but at least I'll be able to go to my cable company for internet/phone in a few months. I'm wanting the faster internet available through cable.

I never had a bit of problems changing from AT&T Dish to just Dish Network. It was confusing to me to explain the situation that I lived in Ohio and was moving out of state and wouldn't have AT&T phone service anymore. After a few transfers I talked to someone and I became a Dish Network customer, kept the hardware I had leased through AT&T Dish and mailed it out to my new location UPS and a couple days later dish had sent some guys out to install my dish. No billing, issues, just had to sign another two year lease for Dish Mover.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)