AT&T Android Choices

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Any advice in therms of an AT&T Android phone? I would prefer not to go off onto on a tangent over other carriers or Oses but hey this is Satelliteguys.

Thanks in advance.

Right now your two best choices are the Atrix and Inspire. I have had both and personally like the Inspire more.

Sorry but I forgot about the Samsung Infuse.

Atrix, Inspire and Infuse are the 3 phones that are even worth looking at on AT&T right now.

Thanks JAG. Anyone else want to ut their two cents in?

Question for you.....

Are you interested in rooting your phone and trying different Rom's, just rooting your phone or leaving it as a stock phone? These questions will also play a huge roll in what phone would fit your needs the most.

If you are only going to root then all three choices are good.

Atrix = Root capable - Locked boot loader that looks to have just been unlocked. Not many Rom's out there yet.
Inspire = Root capable - Has the most Rom's out there in active development.
Infuse = Root capable - Development for Rom's seem to have stalled. Heard many devs waiting for Gingerbread but who really knows.

If you can wait a little you might want to look at the LG Thrill 4G. Specs look good but I am not sure about the 3D piece.

LG Thrill 4G Smartphone - Android 2.2 Cell Phone - from AT&T

Don't get the Atrix. I have one and wish I woulda got the Sammy. It isnt as fast as I woulda thought and its a battery hog. ( but what Android isnt?)

If you're not in a rush I'd wait a week or two as the Galaxy S 2 Attain is supposed to be coming out. Based on the reviews of the overseas models that phone is a must have. Avoid the Atrix... hated it. I had the inspire as well just wasn't a fan of the HTC feel of it. I never got the infuse as it was a phone put out as they waited to release the Galaxy S 2.

I have owned both the Atrix and Inspire. Both phones have their plus and minuses. As mention the Inspire is pretty easy to root with package over XDA. The unlocked Bootloader that is coming for the Atrix does change the game. When the bootloader is unlocked it will like get nice roms. Now a downside to each of them. Atrix like many Motorola's seem to have game issues with Android Apps. Inspire has a Horrible battery life, while Atrix is great. The camera on the Atrix and dual core makes it a nice option. Right now you can get the Atrix for $49.99 at Best Buy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)