AT&T bundles....anyone tried recently?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mini1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
Has anyone tried to bundle AT&T DSL with DirecTV recently? Some of my promos are starting to end on my bill and I'm ready to give it a shot again.

The problem I was running into was the fact that AT&T want to take over the entire billing procedure and all customer service. I just want to see a $5/month discount on one of my bills and keep them separate.

Any pointers? Anyone tried recently?

Billing they will do. Directv bills the Telco who bills you (I have Centurylink formerly qwest and they do the same thing)

Billing ?'s go to the Telco
Everything else goes to Directv. I've changed programming, Upgraded and "moved" and I call Directv. Only billing questions do I call Qwest

I have the CenturyLink discount too, but with my account, DirecTV does the billing. I get a $5.00 "CenturyLink Bundle Credit" that shows on my bill. I was a legacy CenturyTel customer before they bought Embarq and Qwest and changed their name, that could be the difference.

I have the CenturyLink discount too, but with my account, DirecTV does the billing. I get a $5.00 "CenturyLink Bundle Credit" that shows on my bill. I was a legacy CenturyTel customer before they bought Embarq and Qwest and changed their name, that could be the difference.

that could be it. I bundled when it was Qwest

Centurytel....boy there is some old Telecom memories :)

Has anyone tried to bundle AT&T DSL with DirecTV recently? Some of my promos are starting to end on my bill and I'm ready to give it a shot again.

The problem I was running into was the fact that AT&T want to take over the entire billing procedure and all customer service. I just want to see a $5/month discount on one of my bills and keep them separate.

Any pointers? Anyone tried recently?

Like Ice said, they will do the Billing, but any Customer Service will still be done thru the D* sub contractors.

Last edited:
How do I get the discount to show on one bill and still get two bills?

you can't

Whats the big deal if the bill is from AT&T?
Like I say other than billing issues (which I have had one in 2 1/2 years) you still call Directv to do anything

My neighborhood has CenturyLink Fiber and a box is about 40 ft from the house. From what I understand, they still run a telco twisted pair to the house for phone and up to 10/1 mb internet. They had a demo tent pitched in the street and was demonstrating their Prism service. (streaming TV on the twisted pair) :-( So if I opt for Direct TV in their bundle, I assume the Prism service goes away, a Direct Tv installer shows up and does a normal type install?? Not sure on how the discounts would apply, AAA, referral, new customer Genie deal etc. If the phone/internet sucks, wonder if I could continue with DTV. and just give up the $5 discount

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)