AT&T DIRECTV CEO Speaks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
No more fiber to the home. No more copper to he home.

Just a box on the highway aimed at your home/apartment.

MIGHT expand offerings to more rural areas.

So does this sound like they want to have TV, Internet and Phone delivered to the home with just 5g and not use FTTN, FTTH, IPTV and SatelliteTV anymore?

Last edited:
well they do it in sci fi movies

anyone know how to send subspace transmissions?

How would the 5g work in the home? I guess you would just have a 5g Gateway and that would connect to the cloud DVR? I guess then TV's, PC's Client Boxes and Game Consoles would have 5g built into them and those wouldn't need to have Ethernet connected to them? If so would 5g being distributed in the home be reliable and the signal wouldn't break up?

How would the 5g work in the home? I guess you would just have a 5g Gateway and that would connect to the cloud DVR? I guess then TV's, PC's Client Boxes and Game Consoles would have 5g built into them and those wouldn't need to have Ethernet connected to them? If so would 5g being distributed in the home be reliable and the signal wouldn't break up?
No..just cellular wi-Fi to a router in your house..then it would connect up to other devices through that router

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
Only the router would need a simcard..everything else would run through that

No..just cellular wi-Fi to a router in your house..then it would connect up to other devices through that router

Only the router would need a simcard..everything else would run through that
Would you still be able to pause and rewind live TV and have a DVR? Or would it VOD that would replace the DVR?

Would you still be able to pause and rewind live TV and have a DVR? Or would it VOD that would replace the DVR?
Sure..its a wireless connection between the pole and your house..the cellular part will be on a pole rather than a cell tower

Sure..its a wireless connection between the pole and your house..the cellular part will be on a pole rather than a cell tower

So the 5g Router in the home would just connect to the cellular part on the poll using WIFI and no cables? Then from the WIFI router your devices would hook up using WIFI, Ethernet and the TV provider APP. Then maybe client boxes with coax if you didn't have a smart TV? Would you be able to use any 5g WIFI Router or would it still be one provided by AT&T?

So the 5g Router in the home would just connect to the cellular part on the poll using WIFI and no cables? Then from the WIFI router your devices would hook up using WIFI, Ethernet and the TV provider APP. Then maybe client boxes with coax if you didn't have a smart TV? Would you be able to use any 5g WIFI Router or would it still be one provided by AT&T?
I can't answer the last question until the service rolls out..but yes to everything else

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)