AT&T/DirecTV "Change" E-Mail Unsolicited

cpalmer2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 18, 2013
United States
Has anyone else gotten strange "Change" e-mails from AT&T/DirecTV recently? This morning I received an e-mail asking me to "Review" my DirecTV Order Details. My first thought was that it was a phishing scam, but after looking at it in detail and logging in directly from AT&T it was clear that it wasn't. The e-mail said I had accepted a 24 month Programming Agreement, but didn't list any type of discounts, etc. The only difference between it and my current package was that Showtime had been added at $10.99, with a $10.99 credit for three months. I contacted AT&T via chat and had it removed right away. They were unable to offer any explanation as to how it got on my account to begin with though. They said there were no notes on the account indicating they had been contacted by anyone asking for it to be added (which I knew already) and no indications it had been added by anyone in house.

Anyone else had anything similar happen? I re-set my password, and changed my account "PIN" just to be safe.

It's is a fishing SCAM making it look like you requested a change --when in fact you did not make it as JUNK and delete it

I had my friend with DirecTV ask me about a similar thing but for Epix. The email makes it sound like her account already has Epix activated:
1631498290313.png

She was wondering if this was legit.

It's is a fishing SCAM making it look like you requested a change --when in fact you did not make it as JUNK and delete it

Nope this one was legit. I logged in directly to AT&T and it showed the change. Several others on the other forum had the same unsolicited changes made to their accounts. Customer service hasn’t given a reason yet as to why though

Reactions: vazhog
You may have received an email notifying you that SHOWTIME® is being added to your account.

Spoiler alert: We’re giving one of our favorite customers, you, three months of SHOWTIME—on us!

We accidentally sent a service email instead of the fabulous gifting email we planned. This may have caused some confusion, so we want to clear it up.

What you can expect:

• Complimentary SHOWTIME service has been added to your account for three months. Just tune in to Ch. 545-556 and start watching—there’s nothing else you need to do!

• We’ll automatically remove SHOWTIME from your account when the time comes—no action required.
We apologize for any confusion. Enjoy your three months of SHOWTIME!

Thank you for being the best part of DIRECTV,

Your DIRECTV team

You may have received an email notifying you that SHOWTIME® is being added to your account.

Spoiler alert: We’re giving one of our favorite customers, you, three months of SHOWTIME—on us!

We accidentally sent a service email instead of the fabulous gifting email we planned. This may have caused some confusion, so we want to clear it up.

What you can expect:

• Complimentary SHOWTIME service has been added to your account for three months. Just tune in to Ch. 545-556 and start watching—there’s nothing else you need to do!

• We’ll automatically remove SHOWTIME from your account when the time comes—no action required.

Your DIRECTV team
I would call them just before the 3 months is up and confirm that its being shut off.

Reactions: Howard Simmons

What you can expect:

Your DIRECTV team
Free preview for 3 months . Nice, but as Jimbo stated make sure before the time is up that you call to make sure they cut off those channels.

I received a 1-800 voice message today ...

"Hi there I'm calling you from AT&T Direct TV to let you know that your existing account is qualified for 50% off any order new avail the discount. Kindly call us back at 855-681-1394 from 8:00 AM till 9:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. Thank you and have a great day."

I researched the number they say to call and it looks like it's a scam. Stay on your toes!

I received a 1-800 voice message today ...

"Hi there I'm calling you from AT&T Direct TV to let you know that your existing account is qualified for 50% off any order new avail the discount. Kindly call us back at 855-681-1394 from 8:00 AM till 9:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. Thank you and have a great day."

I researched the number they say to call and it looks like it's a scam. Stay on your toes!
I have been getting that too ....
The one time I answered it to see what was going on, they hung up when I asked a few questions.
I then called D* directly and inquired .... needless to say, they would not offer me 50% off.

Reactions: mccoyrj

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)