AT&T expands LTE coverage to 9 new markets

By the time LTE is turned on in my area they'll be building the next network technology.

Yep, about when the fort smith, ar( about 40 miles away)area got LTE, we got 3G here! lol

What I get living in a small town away from any interstate or bigger towns. At least we aren't still on EDGE, that was horrible! :D

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

AT&T's biggest problem is backhaul. We have LTE here but depending on the tower it could be 1mbit or 30mbit. They turned on LTE before they had fiber to all the towers.

Since they just turned on LTE I believe they must be pretty familiar with it. I have only found 1 tower in town with >5mbit service. It clocks in at 35mbit. I have done the speed test in the middle of the night, unlikely to be a lot of congestion during the tests. I see fiber being put in around town, I bet more towers speed up before long. AT&T just wants the LTE symbol on peoples phones even if they are not ready for it.

Since they just turned on LTE I believe they must be pretty familiar with it. I have only found 1 tower in town with >5mbit service. It clocks in at 35mbit. I have done the speed test in the middle of the night, unlikely to be a lot of congestion during the tests. I see fiber being put in around town, I bet more towers speed up before long. AT&T just wants the LTE symbol on peoples phones even if they are not ready for it.

That's actually not true. The backhaul upgrade was started long before migration to LTE was. There are some sites where fiber can't be installed that use a different approach to backhaul but in all cases the backhaul is upgraded first. Trust me on this. My wife is VERY heavily involved in this process.

Don't assume they are aware of the problem. Mark the spot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts