AT&T exploring Deal to sell off DIRECTV.

I'm sure they go hand in hand. For the current price ATT is paying for content you need a certain number of subscribers. Loose the satellite subscribers, make ATT streaming stand alone with its feeble following and content prices will go up for ATT.
What if AT&T just wants to have it down to just HBO/Max and 5g?

Anti-trust concerns might not matter if a private equity firm gets DTV. They could sell DTV for parts. Dish Network could then have their pick.

Again what parts?

To sell it piece by piece, it would have to be of some value to the buyer, AT&T is going to keep all the good parts of their company.

Reactions: SamCdbs
What parts are you thinking of, aging Satellites that are only good for DirecTV, customers?

AT&T are going to keep all the good parts of their company, HBO, all the cable channels like TNT, CNN, etc, Warner Bros, DC, broadband and more then I could name.

The only good part of DirecTV is they still have a lot of subs ( but that number is getting less and less, same for all Traditional Providers ), if any company buys them and wants to keep it going they will have to invest in it pretty quick, but I do not see anyone doing that, if someone wants to spend $20 billion, how do they make the money back?
Remember ... D is still making money ...

Btw, those aging Sats will most last at least another 7-10 years.

Thats probably where its headed ... keep in mind ATT also has Wireless Cell service on its side.
Im thinkin wireless phones will be spunoff too..no more growth...market is saturated ...the only thing they can do to increase profit is close stores and call centers and force everyone to use online tools..you know kinda like Verizon is doing

• Sad
Reactions: ncted
Looks like Stankey is really trying to clean house now that Stephens is gone. Just saw this Forbes article and in it analyst Moffat says AT&T made a mistake buying both DTV and Time Warner. The next thin* AT&T should sell is CNN.

Should AT&T just become a Wireless Cell Service?

What parts are you thinking of, aging Satellites that are only good for DirecTV, customers?

AT&T are going to keep all the good parts of their company, HBO, all the cable channels like TNT, CNN, etc, Warner Bros, DC, broadband and more then I could name.

The only good part of DirecTV is they still have a lot of subs ( but that number is getting less and less, same for all Traditional Providers ), if any company buys them and wants to keep it going they will have to invest in it pretty quick, but I do not see anyone doing that, if someone wants to spend $20 billion, how do they make the money back?
They won't buy it unless they see a significant return on selling off the hardware, real estate, and intellectual property. Is that worth $20 billion? I have no idea. Do we know for sure that none of the satellites can be repurposed for other communications purposes? Do I recall that at least one satellite is either a relatively recent launch or that there's one in the works yet?

Even if the hedge funds decide to maintain DTV operations, how much will they raise fees to maximize their ROI? That would also drive customers away.

Looks like Stankey is really trying to clean house now that Stephens is gone. Just saw this Forbes article and in it analyst Moffat says AT&T made a mistake buying both DTV and Time Warner. The next thin* AT&T should sell is CNN.

Whatever makes the most money and costs nuthin to run...I have a feeling Stankey wont last long

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Im thinkin wireless phones will be spunoff too..no more growth...market is saturated ...the only thing they can do to increase profit is close stores and call centers and force everyone to use online tools..you know kinda like Verizon is doing
Your NUTS, if you think cell phones will be spun off ... thats whats keeping them on the positive side of things.
New Cell Phones come out EVERY YEAR, I am 1000% sure that ATT (and the others) make plenty of money off of them each year.

You think Cell phones are going away in favor of what ?
Online tools for phone and texting ? If you want to call a cell phone a tool, i guess.

You and I could have said that same thing ... It easy, throw something at the wall and see what sticks.
Everyone knows they shouldn't have bought D*, but at the time, it was just before the sh*t hit the fan and Streaming started to get big.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)