AT&T exploring Deal to sell off DIRECTV.

If dish brought directv I’m leaving directv if they brought it because I don’t want dish network don’t have HBO and Cinemax too and plus losing more channels no thank you

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If dish brought directv I’m leaving directv if they brought it because I don’t want dish network don’t have HBO and Cinemax too and plus losing more channels no thank you

Um ...
Seeing those belong to ATT, don't you think that IF Dish did get Directv, that those channels would ALSO belong to them ?

The last phone book I saw was like a text book from grade school.

Except for the older folks, nobody is going to print Directories.

The only good thing print directories is that the data from them are used to drive regular directory assistance.

So if you wanted to list yourself you could put a listing in the business white pages.

I remember we had a company around here calling themselves dish planet.

Advertised on tv, radio and the newspaper.

Simple listing in the white pages as “dish planet” kept the phones ringing for months with free advertising till eventually they went out of business.

The other problem with those "Other" phone books was they started putting half the content into an 8x11 or there abouts book and the print went from readable to like #1 or 2 size ... when you need a magnifying glass to read it, its time to drop it.

I get a few every year, normally Business only, they either go in the recycle bin or in the fireplace.

Just coming back to this forum. Perhaps the biggest mistake ever was selling to AT&T. I can't stand the company. Because I work for a Comcast now I get Cable for free but I was with Directv for years. The Dish Directv Merger looks like it could happen this time. I was not in favor of it when they tried to do it years ago.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
If they does merge with dish/directv I will leaving because I don’t want to see losing again more channels from dish look at what happen HBO and Cinemax lost channels from dish and I’m glad with directv now they att not happy with directv why u buying directv first place don’t do it leave it way is so if att don’t listen then I’m going back Comcast I’m not looking other satellite again I don’t want other losing channels again I did gave two
Time chance for dish network but they failed and I do trust directv and now att not happy should leave alone it’s
Will be fine

Reactions: whitewolf8214
If they does merge with dish/directv I will leaving because I don’t want to see losing again more channels from dish look at what happen HBO and Cinemax lost channels from dish and I’m glad with directv now they att not happy with directv why u buying directv first place don’t do it leave it way is so if att don’t listen then I’m going back Comcast I’m not looking other satellite again I don’t want other losing channels again I did gave two
Time chance for dish network but they failed and I do trust directv and now att not happy should leave alone it’s
Will be fine

The only thing is that if Dish merged with Directv, I don’t think AT&T who owns HBO, can afford to loose all the Directv subscribers on the Directv side of a merged company.

Right now, the reason why there is no HBO on Dish is for 2 reasons...

1) Charlie is being a cheap A Hole as usual.

2) AT&T would rather have the loss in Dish subscribers to HBO, which they will get back a certain percentage due to streaming and from customers switching, then actually try to help Dish.

If there is a merger, Dish will have HBO and would likely get regional sports Back

If there is a merger, Dish will have HBO and would likely get regional sports Back

If there is a merger, I would expect that the new company would eventually (perhaps even immediately) sell one unified set of channel packages rather than continue to sell both the DTV and the DISH lineup (while grandfathering existing customers into their current package, as per usual). And yes, HBO Max and regional sports nets would be included.

Reactions: ncted
If there is a merger, I would expect that the new company would eventually (perhaps even immediately) sell one unified set of channel packages rather than continue to sell both the DTV and the DISH lineup (while grandfathering existing customers into their current package, as per usual). And yes, HBO Max and regional sports nets would be included.

Well many of us thought AT&T would do that with Directv and Uverse TV but they never did.

• Wow
Reactions: Rey and harshness
Well many of us thought AT&T would do that with Directv and Uverse TV but they never did.

Yeah, true. My hunch there is that they first wanted to get both services covered by the same set of carriage contracts with the various networks before deploying the same set of channel packages on both DTV and Uverse TV. Getting all those contracts renegotiated and renewed was a multi-year process that only wrapped up in the past year, I think. But during that time, AT&T realized that it didn't make sense to stick with Uverse TV long-term, that they would instead replace it with an OTT service on a more modern tech platform, i.e. AT&T TV. And AT&T TV did, of course, launch with the same set of channel packages as DTV (with a few channels missing here and there).

I wonder how much longer they'll continue to operate Uverse TV before completely pulling the plug on it. Also wonder how aggressively (or not) they're trying to lure existing Uverse TV subs over to AT&T TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)