AT&T exploring Deal to sell off DIRECTV.

This is strange, UVerseTV being sold again?

This is strange, UVerseTV being sold again?

This is what I said awhile back, they never actually quit selling it, they just didn't promote it any longer, they pushed a lot of subs to Directv ... but never stopped selling it ...
When I had people asking about it, it was always, are you in a service area that has it ?
And If you call and Ask for it, they will sell it to you.

This is what I said awhile back, they never actually quit selling it, they just didn't promote it any longer, they pushed a lot of subs to Directv ... but never stopped selling it ...
When I had people asking about it, it was always, are you in a service area that has it ?
And If you call and Ask for it, they will sell it to you.
They quit selling it online but not over the phone?

More than likely ...
If the sub is in a serviced area and wants it, if they call in, they will give it to them.
Of course that doesn't happen too much anymore as they are not announcing that to anyone ... I think they'd rather you go to another Att service.

They stopped selling it online when AT&T TV launched. If you go to ATT.com and click "TV" in the top menu, you'll see AT&T TV and DirecTV. No trace of Uverse TV on their site any more. Try clicking on this URL that used to be dedicated to it:

Their website has been that way for months now. And I used to get junk mail ads all the time for either DTV or Uverse TV but that completely changed over to AT&T TV this spring.

I think there may have been a period after AT&T TV launched, at least in its initial markets, when they absolutely weren't taking any new orders for Uverse TV. But then I've read this year that, if you call in and specifically ask for Uverse TV, you may be able to get it. But they're definitely not pushing it.

Reactions: Jimbo
Swanni’s article was just updated,

Update: AT&T spokesman Ryan Oliver says AT&T never stopped selling U-verse, although the AT&T web page still says, “we’re no longer selling U-verse TV.”

The fact of the matter is you can get any one of the 3 products. Directv, U-verse or AT&T Tv.

It’s just a matter of what AT&T wants to pay their sales people for the sale is what is going to get sold to the customer.

It goes beyond that. All active marketing (a function separate from sales) has ceased for Uverse TV. Again, the official Uverse TV webpage now actively promotes AT&T TV and shows how it's better than Uverse TV in various ways.

Also, based on the article just posted above, it's not clear whether Uverse TV is still being sold everywhere it had been or not. The spokesman says it's available in "select markets". And then at the end of the article, a customer who says she tried to sign up for Uverse TV was sent AT&T TV boxes. So who knows.

It goes beyond that. All active marketing (a function separate from sales) has ceased for Uverse TV. Again, the official Uverse TV webpage now actively promotes AT&T TV and shows how it's better than Uverse TV in various ways.

Also, based on the article just posted above, it's not clear whether Uverse TV is still being sold everywhere it had been or not. The spokesman says it's available in "select markets". And then at the end of the article, a customer who says she tried to sign up for Uverse TV was sent AT&T TV boxes. So who knows.

You got to be in Sales to understand it.

Directv for example is all screwed up. You put the address in the system and depending on the area, you can sell Directv or AT&T Tv.

Commission for us is around $300 for AT&T Tv and or Directv. However depending on the area, Directv only pays $80.

It’s just like Comcast. Their 25 meg internet pays is $15 commission, where as 100 meg or better pays much much more.

Customer calls me, we are starting at the 100 meg pricing. We are not even talking about 25 meg.

If the customer asks about 25 meg, we are up selling them to 100.

If they insist, we will sell it, but I ain’t trying to do anything to save the sale either of the customer is not sure.

It’s the same thing on Directv...

I’m not going to sell Directv to a customer if AT&T Tv is available and take a $220 hit on commissions.

It’s the same thing when I was a Dish retailer and they would pay us only $100 if the customer wanted Dish Family.

The sales people are paid to sell specific packages, and they are going to sell what makes them the most money.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll sell the lower commission stuff, but don’t expect me to spend an hour on the phone either selling it. It better be a quick 10-15 minute sale.

As far as that customer who tried to get U-verse and got AT&T Tv boxes, that’s the samples rep doing a switch a roo. Most customers are going to get an AT&T Tv box in the mail, and honestly don’t know the difference if they got U-verse, or Directv.

I have people call me all the time ordering cable and think we need to install a dish on their roof. Or like the other day a lady in the middle of a farm area thought all she needed was a modem/router to get Comcast.

I used to take people who would call for Directv and talk them into Dish. Or people who would call looking for Dish and end up selling Directv.

Point is that the sales people have control in what they sell their customers. As long as the price is good, people will sign up for almost anything you offer them.

There are people who do their homework, but most people just want to watch tv or get online and don’t care who the provider is.

Another example, look at these people who get these shirts with the Dish logo on 1 sleeve and the Directv logo on the other. They go into these trailer parks, tell people that Dish is buying Directv or Vice versa and will switch out a few dozen customers.... and people don’t even know they are being switched to a different company.

That’s not very honest, but it happens and people don’t know any better.

Point is that the sales people have control in what they sell their customers.

Salespeople can only sell things that the company actually offers (e.g. a salesman for DISH can't sell you HBO). AT&T may not allow the sales force they directly employ to sell Uverse TV in certain areas, or may only allow them to sell it in certain circumstances. Situation could be different for independent salesmen, like you, versus those who work directly for AT&T.

At any rate, it's clear that Uverse TV is on its way out. No marketing for it, no sales of it online. It's probably only offered by AT&T salespeople on a reactive basis, i.e. if the customer specifically asks for it or objects to some aspect of AT&T TV or DirecTV that Uverse TV could satisfy (i.e. "I don't want a dish on my roof and I don't want a cloud DVR.")

As of last week, you still cannot buy Uverse in my market. My neighbor, who has Dish, tried in person and on the phone with no success. They might be selling it some places, but not everywhere.

As of last week, you still cannot buy Uverse in my market. My neighbor, who has Dish, tried in person and on the phone with no success. They might be selling it some places, but not everywhere.
Q.
Is ATT In your area ?
ATT Uverse TV has always been only available in certain areas of the country, 22 states ... and not everywhere in each state/city.

Q.
Is ATT In your area ?
ATT Uverse TV has always been only available in certain areas of the country, 22 states ... and not everywhere in each state/city.
Yes. I have AT&T Fiber. My neighbors were sold hard on the AT&T TV streaming service with the Osprey box and were told AT&T could not sell them Uverse any more. They also don't have LOS for DirecTV, just like me, so it is streaming or nothing from AT&T. They stopped buying STBs for Uverse years ago, so I cannot imagine they are really selling it in most places.

Salespeople can only sell things that the company actually offers (e.g. a salesman for DISH can't sell you HBO). AT&T may not allow the sales force they directly employ to sell Uverse TV in certain areas, or may only allow them to sell it in certain circumstances. Situation could be different for independent salesmen, like you, versus those who work directly for AT&T.

At any rate, it's clear that Uverse TV is on its way out. No marketing for it, no sales of it online. It's probably only offered by AT&T salespeople on a reactive basis, i.e. if the customer specifically asks for it or objects to some aspect of AT&T TV or DirecTV that Uverse TV could satisfy (i.e. "I don't want a dish on my roof and I don't want a cloud DVR.")

I never said they couldn’t sell something that was not available.

But if you pull an address and it’s AT&T tv or Directv, the product that pays the higher commission gets sold and offered to the customer first.

If your selling Dish, your not even talking about HBO or regional sports unless the customer specifically asks.

That’s why so many customers get pissed off and cancel Dish in September over NFL Sunday Ticket.

Customers are never lied to and said Dish gets Sunday Ticket. They just don’t ask about getting out of market games.

Even before Dish officially dropped all the RSN’s we had a big problem selling in New York.

You don’t mention the Yankees, we don’t talk about the Yankees. Only focus on what is available to the customer at the time of sale.

If they mention the Sunday Ticket of sports, you told the truth that it’s not on Dish.

But most sales people assume if you don’t ask, your not interested.

As far as HBO and other premium channels, they have a very very low take rate for new subscribers. Unless they are offered for free for 3 months, very few customers if any sign up at the time they order service.

Usually when customers initially sign up for service, it’s called let’s get the cheapest package as possible and the call later if they want to upgrade

Hasn’t demand for the Sunday Ticket been declining for at least two years?

I’ll bet it’ll be years before demand for ST, from any source, recovers. It’s a luxury item that many are discovering they can do without, as money gets tight. Sports, particularly NFL, seems an expensive indulgence.

Hasn’t demand for the Sunday Ticket been declining for at least two years?

I’ll bet it’ll be years before demand for ST, from any source, recovers. It’s a luxury item that many are discovering they can do without, as money gets tight. Sports, particularly NFL, seems an expensive indulgence.

Absolutely.

But if your getting it for free for signing up with Directv why not.

I know very few people who continue to subscribe after the free year is over.

Also, there are lots of people who are on auto pay, paying for it and have no idea they have it.

Once you get it for free, it stays on the account until you remove it.

Reactions: navychop
Yes. I have AT&T Fiber. My neighbors were sold hard on the AT&T TV streaming service with the Osprey box and were told AT&T could not sell them Uverse any more. They also don't have LOS for DirecTV, just like me, so it is streaming or nothing from AT&T. They stopped buying STBs for Uverse years ago, so I cannot imagine they are really selling it in most places.
Just like other companies, just because you aren't making boxes, doesn't mean you can't continue to sell service, most of the time its a refurbed box anymore anyways ...
I have 2 refurbed D* boxes I'm using right now that have worked great for years now.

Keep in mind that, just because they service you with internet, doesn't mean that they have U TV there.
If you've already had U TV in that location, then they really should give it to you again, if you ask for it.

Absolutely.

But if your getting it for free for signing up with Directv why not.

I know very few people who continue to subscribe after the free year is over.

Also, there are lots of people who are on auto pay, paying for it and have no idea they have it.

Once you get it for free, it stays on the account until you remove it.
I do ...

Reactions: comp9
Just like other companies, just because you aren't making boxes, doesn't mean you can't continue to sell service, most of the time its a refurbed box anymore anyways ...
I have 2 refurbed D* boxes I'm using right now that have worked great for years now.

Keep in mind that, just because they service you with internet, doesn't mean that they have U TV there.
If you've already had U TV in that location, then they really should give it to you again, if you ask for it.

Everything is refurbished these days. Directv hasn’t manufactured an HD only box since 2013.

Only thing new is Hoppers, Joey’s, Genies and minis.

Before switching to the Kangaroo crap, it was almost next to Impossible to get a new Dish Network receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)