AT&T Home Entertainment - HD DVR?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scotc

Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
Because of the apartment I live in, I am bound to use AT&T Home Entertainment if I want satellite tv. Evidently AT&THE does not offer a HD DVR box; so they say I have to choose one or the other.

Can I purchase an HD DVR receiver off fleabay and use that?

Scot

Because of the apartment I live in, I am bound to use AT&T Home Entertainment if I want satellite tv. Evidently AT&THE does not offer a HD DVR box; so they say I have to choose one or the other.

Can I purchase an HD DVR receiver off fleabay and use that?

Scot

You do know this is the Directv group, yes? Okay, then, are you talking about Uverse? If so, I believe they do have an hd dvr.

Thanks for the clarification Phoenix. This is indeed directv 'service' (laughable) for apartments.

I tried calling directv sales and they response I got was "No Way Jose". Maybe current customer support can help me out.

Scot, when I moved into my first apartment a few months ago, I was in the same boat. Unfortunately the AT&T Home Entertainment that is offered at my complex only offers Dish (they used to have DirecTV only) and of course I needed DirecTV for my Sunday Ticket. I even decided that I would do Dish and install a standard D* dish but AT&T didn't offer an HD DVR either. I finally ended up installing a D* dish on my balcony and all is well.

I wish that would work, but I am pretty sure I don't have the correct view of the sky here.

I tried calling directv sales and they response I got was "No Way Jose". Maybe current customer support can help me out.
Say I live in a house, already have D* and OWN an HD DVR. Are they saying now that you live in an apartment you can't use that DVR? That doesn't seem correct. My choice for Dish was either an HD receiver or a standard DVR. I don't see how they can make you not use an HD DVR. I'd go for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts