AT&T introducing new data plans

Every time I load up Youtube or my SiriusXM app I thank the fact that I never let go of my old $30 unlimited data plan... :amen:

Well, the rates are higher in $$, but the rate/GB is actually lower. Somebody currently on the 4GB plan could save money if they discovered that they really use between 2 and 3GB, and drop to the new 3GB plan.

No contract plans like walmarts smart talk are going to get a boost in sales because of this.If i didnt recently renew with AT&T i would switch!Why pay $60 and up if you can get a unlimited data plan for $45.

No contract plans like walmarts smart talk are going to get a boost in sales because of this.If i didnt recently renew with AT&T i would switch!Why pay $60 and up if you can get a unlimited data plan for $45.

Yep. I am getting ready to do it. Tired of 150.00 phone bills for my wife & me. Got my Atrix and her BB unlocked, just waiting on tax season to be over with, and I'll pay AT&T their get out of jail contract breaking money and off I go to land of prepaid.

I made up my mind, no more contracts for ANYTHING. :D

Because you have a very limited selection of phones. Let's face it, ATT is doing well because of one specific phone, one Wallmart does not carry.

Yep. I am getting ready to do it. Tired of 150.00 phone bills for my wife & me. Got my Atrix and her BB unlocked, just waiting on tax season to be over with, and I'll pay AT&T their get out of jail contract breaking money and off I go to land of prepaid.

I made up my mind, no more contracts for ANYTHING. :D
My wife and I combined pay $120/month for just about unlimited everything, and we haven't been under contract for about 4 years. How is your bill $150?

Because you have a very limited selection of phones. Let's face it, ATT is doing well because of one specific phone, one Wallmart does not carry.
True! But if your not interested in getting the latest and greatest of cell phones then i see little reason to go with one of the major carriers.Straight talk is still very new to the game and in time i think will have a greater selection of phones.

I doubt the coverage with Straight Talk is as good as AT&T or Verizon. With the cheaper carriers you do have to make trade-offs and that is one of them.
Again i agree! Here in my area 4G i get with at@t. My wifes new phone gets 3G but not 4G due to smart talk using sprints network.
For what my wife uses the phone for which is reg calling,texting and some internet its plenty for her and shes happy with it.

My wife and I combined pay $120/month for just about unlimited everything, and we haven't been under contract for about 4 years. How is your bill $150?

700min + Family unlimited messaging 90.00
25.00 data X 2= 50.00
+ 1 dumb phone @ 9.99

150.00, and by the time they add taxes its 160.00, my wife gets 10% off from her work, so it works out to be 154.00 after taxes.

I doubt the coverage with Straight Talk is as good as AT&T or Verizon. With the cheaper carriers you do have to make trade-offs and that is one of them.

Depends on which service you pick. Get a Nokia e71 and you get AT&T Postpaid coverage. Buy one of their crappy android phones and you get Sprint native service only.

coverage_map.gif

For 45.00 a month its a screaming deal. Put my wife on Tmobiles 30.00 100 min/unlimited data/text plan, and buy My Mom 1000 minutes good for a whole year on T-mobile, and cut my bill in HALF.

i just got a text msg (i posted earlier in a new thread). it said i was in the top 5% of data usage. i used 2.6 GB on day 19 of my billing cycle. I am on the old "unlimited plan".

It said to avoid slowdowns use wifi. i stream pandora and slacker quite a bit over 3G. Heaven forbid i use my service i pay for. They should have known smart phone users needed data.

i do not want to hear their belly ache crying over my data useage. This reminds me of long distance in the 80's.

i couldnt imagine them slowing 3G any slower around here. Maybe more fiber to the tower would work better than making customers leave.

i am seriously considering virgin mobile 55.00 per month plan. getting the motorola triumph android phone. seems like a good deal. i have a couple friends with that plan and it works. they are heavy users. Virgin uses the sprint network here.

my iphone 4 can become an ipod touch as far as i am concerned.