AT&T Mobility To Throttle Unlimited Users

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
DodgerKing said:
Here is what I decided I am going to do. Since they want to play these games with me, I am going to play back. Since I am paying for unlimited, I am going to get my moneys worth. I will use 3G and all times, and not use WiFi at all.

Today I am playing my MLB APP and streaming games. I will do this for the whole 6+ hours games are on. I will try to do this all day every day for at least a month. Lets see how they like me using much more than 4gb of data.

I haven't been contacted again since the first time a few months back. I was firm and strict to the point about "Our" agreement to the "Unlimited" data plan. I like you was contacted (threatened) that I was tethering, when In fact, at that time I was not. Same story. I will do the same as you, and I hope others will follow. I am not opposed to swapping carriers to prove a point. Our days of unlimited data use are numbered. Thats a fact due to the new and faster devices on the horizon. With that said, I will continue to exploit my agreed contract with AT&T, and unlimited data. Once aim throttled, I start the transition of moving my families phones to another carrier. Game on AT&T.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I don't think I'm anywhere near the throttling cutoff on either my iPhone or iPad. However, if they ever throttle my phone I will explore suing them.

When I got my first iPhone (the 3G) they insisted that I had to pay $30 for the unlimited 3G data plan. They refused to give me the option of paying $20 for the slower unlimited Edge data plan that they offered with the original iPhone.

My data plan hasn't changed since they made me pick the faster unlimited plan (at a greater monthly cost paid to them). This means that my plan must be an unlimited 3G data plan. Throttle me and that's, potentially, breach.

I believe they'll have a hard time overcoming the fact that they've profited on making all the 3G capable smartphone phone owners pay extra for unlimited 3G data. They clearly made a speed distinction (to their financial benefit) so their argument that unlimited data doesn't not mean unlimited throttle free data isn't convincing.

Granted, it's only 3G where available, but throttling is much different than a 3G connection not being available to any subscriber.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

dangue said:
I don't think I'm anywhere near the throttling cutoff on either my iPhone or iPad. However, if they ever throttle my phone I will explore suing them.

When I got my first iPhone (the 3G) they insisted that I had to pay $30 for the unlimited 3G data plan. They refused to give me the option of paying $20 for the slower unlimited Edge data plan that they offered with the original iPhone.

My data plan hasn't changed since they made me pick the faster unlimited plan (at a greater monthly cost paid to them). This means that my plan must be an unlimited 3G data plan. Throttle me and that's, potentially, breach.

I believe they'll have a hard time overcoming the fact that they've profited on making all the 3G capable smartphone phone owners pay extra for unlimited 3G data. They clearly made a speed distinction (to their financial benefit) so their argument that unlimited data doesn't not mean unlimited throttle free data isn't convincing.

Granted, it's only 3G where available, but throttling is much different than a 3G connection not being available to any subscriber.

Good luck with that. Pretty sure there is some fine print in there that will keep you from having a chance of winning ;)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

We currently have the iPhone 3GS with the unlimited data plan. If we get the iPhone 5 when it comes out will we lose our unlimited plan?

DodgerKing said:
We currently have the iPhone 3GS with the unlimited data plan. If we get the iPhone 5 when it comes out will we lose our unlimited plan?

They supposedly grandfathered all unlimited users. So unless the 5 has 4G and ATT requires you to get a 4G data plan for it, you should still be able to keep your current plan.

Good to know. It is rumored that TMobile will be getting the iPhone 5 as well. They too have an unlimited plan. Hopefully they will still have and and it will apply to the iPhone if and when they get it. I will seriously go over to them for $70/month unlimited everything

They supposedly grandfathered all unlimited users. So unless the 5 has 4G and ATT requires you to get a 4G data plan for it, you should still be able to keep your current plan.

You can actually switch to a 4G phone today and still keep your unlimited data plan. I have the Inspire 4G and still have unlimited data. You just need to already have an unlimited data plan.

JAG72 said:
You can actually switch to a 4G phone today and still keep your unlimited data plan. I have the Inspire 4G and still have unlimited data. You just need to already have an unlimited data plan.

Yes, I was surprised by that when it was mentioned in a different thread a few months back. However, I'm assuming that if the iPhone goes 4G that ATT will force people to a separate 4G plan (much like they did when the iPhone 3G was rolled out).

Yep..saw the same thing with a friend on the infuse 4g. But of course the iphone is special. Its 5g :)

Yes, I was surprised by that when it was mentioned in a different thread a few months back. However, I'm assuming that if the iPhone goes 4G that ATT will force people to a separate 4G plan (much like they did when the iPhone 3G was rolled out).

Very possible but I have a feeling that the push to get rid of the unlimited plans will be when AT&T rolls out LTE.

I am hoping that if they do change the plans, I will have a way to keep mine since I was already on a "4G" data plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts