Bionic/iP4/Thunderbolt comparison

It was interesting but they are comparing two phones just hitting the market with a phone that is almost 9 months old in technology. Yes, Verizon just launched the iPhone 4 but the guts of it is 9 months old.

It was interesting but they are comparing two phones just hitting the market with a phone that is almost 9 months old in technology. Yes, Verizon just launched the iPhone 4 but the guts of it is 9 months old.

but according to many peopl eonthe vzw forums is much better then anything else out there and any thing coming out other then the possible iphone 5. and they didnt compare the precessors and such. it really compares fatures more the actual guts imho, somplace apple is falling behing (again imho)

but according to many peopl eonthe vzw forums is much better then anything else out there and any thing coming out other then the possible iphone 5. and they didnt compare the precessors and such. it really compares fatures more the actual guts imho, somplace apple is falling behing (again imho)

Again I will say that they are comparing items of a phone that is 9 months old. If you really look at it they are comparing more of the guts and not just features that can be added at any time.

examples, 4G, HDMI, physical keyboard, dedicated touch keys, FM radio, micro SD slot and removable battery. These are more the "guts" of the phone and not just simple features that can be added at any time.

Again I will say that they are comparing items of a phone that is 9 months old. If you really look at it they are comparing more of the guts and not just features that can be added at any time.

examples, 4G, HDMI, physical keyboard, dedicated touch keys, FM radio, micro SD slot and removable battery. These are more the "guts" of the phone and not just simple features that can be added at any time.

the 4g i will give you, but the x has had the hdmi for a while, and no iphone has a sd card or rem battery, end even my clamshell form 4 years ago had those
there is an fm radio chip in the iphone, but its not used, the keys, that varys by phone
again IMHO they are comparing features

the 4g i will give you, but the x has had the hdmi for a while, and no iphone has a sd card or rem battery, end even my clamshell form 4 years ago had those

Your right they haven't had the SD card are removable battery ever. I didn't say that this wasn't a disadvantage to some. My point still stands that they are comparing a 9 month old phone with ones that are just coming out.

i'll agree with you on that
but the only thing on the list i could see apple changing is the 3g to 4g. even if/when the 5 come sout i dont see anything else on the list being filled in. ok maybe more mp camera

They might also add an HDMI port. I also don't 100% agree with their not showing that the iPhone does not have turn by turn navigation. It should have the Verizon Navigation app or you can always purchase many very good apps for that purpose. The nice part about the purchased version is that you are not 100% reliant on network coverage for the maps. They only reason that I can see them saying that it does not have it is because of the extra costs for the navigation pieces.

They might also add an HDMI port. I also don't 100% agree with their not showing that the iPhone does not have turn by turn navigation. It should have the Verizon Navigation app or you can always purchase many very good apps for that purpose. The nice part about the purchased version is that you are not 100% reliant on network coverage for the maps. They only reason that I can see them saying that it does not have it is because of the extra costs for the navigation pieces.

Mapquest is free, yes it dosent have a native navigation app, but it does have navigation apps, I dont pay attention to these silly comparions because the only one I care about is my own, what works best for me.

I can't wait for the Bionic to come out. I would really like a slide out keyboard though.

Does not matter if the phone is 9 months old, as those two phones will still be the major contenders of what it will be up against and I would guess they will still all be in the same price range.

So, if they are all $200 and you were buying a new phone would it be the 9 month old iP4 or the Bionic?

Sure, things will come out better from each company. Next year, there will be phones out that will blow all 3 away.
But these are what we have now/soon to arrive.

Only thing the iP4 has to offer IMO is more apps, but who needs 300k apps especially since most of them are useless?

My 2 biggest gripes about the iP is the lack of ability to add external memory and to remove the battery.
I also don't like the iP specific connections. I much prefer the more universal micro usb cable.
Other then that, I think the iP even though it is a great phone and has revolutionized the wireless phone industry is now over hyped.

Ramy said:
I can't wait for the Bionic to come out. I would really like a slide out keyboard though.

I thought I would miss the keyboard, but the dx convinced me otherwise. With a 4.3 inch screen, a swype keyboard works great.

I thought I would miss the keyboard, but the dx convinced me otherwise. With a 4.3 inch screen, a swype keyboard works great.

I have to agree. The larger the screen the easier the on screen keyboards are to operate. I have never had an onboard keyboard and really would not want one. My next adventure is to get used to swype as I hear such good things about it.

Personally, I believe any phone that has the Android operating system will be a major contender. The iOS platform is losing steam, and unless Apple and Almighty Jobs can innovate faster than Google, they'll lose the smartphone war. Which would be ironic, considering they started the war.

The Thunderbolt will be released today. Anyone hear when the Bionic will be released?

Ramy said:
The Thunderbolt will be released today. Anyone hear when the Bionic will be released?

I wanted to give it a try but that battery and what I'm seeing about it today. I ain't touching it. I'll wait for the bionic. Htc and their battery issues. What a shame because they make nice looking phones.

I posted my real world test here on the stock battery and the LTE performance test. I don't think too many will be hammering the LTE network the way I did in this test but I wanted to see mainly how much heat was built up. If the LTE radio is on and you are just polling a pop3 for email every 30 minutes as I set mine to do, and making about an hour's worth of phone calls the battery gets you about 4.5 to 5 hours. You have the option to shut down the internet and just use the phone. I plan to test that profile as well to see if one battery will last for just phone calls all day.

I know many people don't want to be bothered with battery backups but I don't mind. MY wife complains bitterly when I remind her to swap her spare battery out once in awhile. It's all personal preference.

If the LTE radio is on and you are just polling a pop3 for email every 30 minutes as I set mine to do, and making about an hour's worth of phone calls the battery gets you about 4.5 to 5 hours.

No matter how good the phone is without at least getting through the day it is no good to me. 5 hours with just polling a pop3 server every 30 minutes and an hours of phone calls? I see a lot of unhappy customers if this is the best you can get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts