At&t negotiating DTV contracts harder?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've always wondered why the networks shouldn't pay the providers to carry their respective channels. After all, no provider equals no advertising penitration. Shouldn't the networks make their profits off of advertising charges? They don't charge anybody for OTA reception. Let the providers like DirecTV and Dish etc profit from us and the networks profit from their advertising. I wonder what Ford pays CBS a year for running their ads.

Remember that the Local station, pulled the channel, not D* taking it off air ...
D* typically will extend a date to give more time to come to a settlement .... why would they take a channel down ?
Channels on thier provider help them.

I know that, I only just had that link at the time.

FWIW, up here our local Fox affiliate went down last night Channel 36 WUPW.

The banner on the screen says :
The Owner of this channel has removed it from the Directv lineup despite our repeated requests to keep it available to you.

Interesting, the Fox channel and the local CBS are run by the same people but the CBS side isn't effected ... different contacts I guess even thou its run by the same people.

I just turn it on to my OTA and watch the shows, so all is good here.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
Never heard of American Spirit Stations, what channels are involved ?
Its says Toledo, Ohio was effected, Thats my market.

I don't believe that the WUPW is a Spirit channel, that I know of.

Edit:
Well, the station is listed on thier site ...
I know its being run by Channel 11 in Toledo (WTOL), I figured that they both were owned by the same people now .... if it was, wouldn't channel 11 be effected as well ?

Reactions: jamesjimcie
Here are the stations. Interesting that they are being run by Raycom, who is also having a dispute with Directv and on an extension here in Charlotte (WBTV) until 8pm tomorrow.

City of license / Market Station Channel
TV (RF) Owned Since Network Affiliation
Columbus, GA WXTX 54 (49) 2011 Fox
Ottumwa, IA KYOU-TV 15 (15) 2003 Fox
Lake Charles, LA KVHP 29 (30) 2016 Fox
ABC (DT2)
Jackson, MS WDBD 40 (40) 2012 Fox
WLOO 35 (41) 1 MyNetworkTV
Wilmington, NC WSFX-TV 26 (30) 2011 Fox
Toledo, OH WUPW 36 (46) 2012 Fox
Wichita Falls, TX KAUZ-TV 6 (22) 2015 CBS
The CW Plus (DT2)
Richmond, VA WUPV 65 (47) 2011 The CW

FWIW: AT&T U-verse is currently in a retrans standoff with my local Fox and NBC affiliates. I feel lucky to have chosen Dish, but it could easily be Dish next time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)