at&t new billing for long distance

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
"Dear Valued Customer,

On your next bill, the monthly fee for your AT&T Long Distance Service plan will be billed in advance. This means that each month, your bill will reflect the charge for your upcoming month of AT&T Long Distance Service. Please note that your next bill may include two charges: one charge for your upcoming month of service, another charge for your previous month of service. The monthly fee for your AT&T Long Distance service plan will not change.

These monthly charges will be located under the Monthly Service section of the bill.

If you have any questions, contact AT&T at 1.888.757.6500

Sincerely,

AT&T Online Services"
(Recieved this in an email today.:eek: wtf? I have free long distance through my cell phone carrier.)

"Dear Valued Customer,

On your next bill, the monthly fee for your AT&T Long Distance Service plan will be billed in advance. This means that each month, your bill will reflect the charge for your upcoming month of AT&T Long Distance Service. Please note that your next bill may include two charges: one charge for your upcoming month of service, another charge for your previous month of service. The monthly fee for your AT&T Long Distance service plan will not change.

These monthly charges will be located under the Monthly Service section of the bill.

If you have any questions, contact AT&T at 1.888.757.6500

Sincerely,

AT&T Online Services"
(Recieved this in an email today.:eek: wtf? I have free long distance through my cell phone carrier.)

Well, I received my advance bill but I also notice that they did increase the fee!

I called them and was informed that the fee increase had occurred a month earlier before the start of the advance billing. Therefore the "No increase in fee" statement was an "after the fact" statement, meaning that no further fee increase was made during the advance billing adjustment.

In other words "we will not charge you a fee for the benefit of charging you in advance" :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)