AT&T or Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Troch77

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2015
Southern PA
Just spit balling with Directv, just pondering the idea of possibly doing a switch, nothing in stone, AT&T was offering 2-S7edges for no cost as an additional perk for signing up for an all inclusive package.
Obviously 24 month commitment on both sides with the unlimited data package as well.
Which brings a $25 increase monthly on the phone part of the bill.
But thats better than 2 next plans at $27 each for 30 months on the 2 phones.

But a few dilemmas.

I would want a Genie, But also HR24 and an H25 for my camping needs.
Problem is AT&T has no clue about what I'm talking about.
And I'm afraid the cost will even out by paying more for the Data plan, and Upfront Directv costs with the Upgraded equipment.

I'm thinking might just be better off doing a Next Upgrade if Im going to spend all this extra money to get what I want on the directv side.

Also the lack of Netflix is a bit of a pain.
Obviously doable, but will piss a few people off.

Just trying to get more accurate pricing on the directv side.
Apparently they brought back the 4 included rooms as well, and a Price lock for the 24 months.
But only All inclusive pricing for the first 12 months.

So $75 for the first 12, and $128 for month 13-24.
Plus RSN fee and Tax, and what ever other premiums keep.
Thats not including the cell service part.

Any thoughts on how to go about this accurately?
And who should I be talking too, AT&T or actually Directv?

2nd hand knowledge says if you signed up thru D* they'd patch you thru to AT&T for the phone stuff anyway.

the HR24 + H25 will be an additional $300 up front by the way. however if you're ok with that, you can get that changed from the genie/client that AT&T signs you up with when the D* tech shows up. so long as you dont have AT&T comming to do your internet service at the same time it should be a D* tech who does the install and should be able to change it easily.

lack of netflix can pretty much be mitigated with the D* on demand stuff. obviously its not all inclusive of what netflix has but it should cover a good chunk.

it sounds like you've got the pricing pretty much figured out, so its really just a matter of what you value. do you want the unlimited data, cable TV for camping, and new phones for $600 ($25x24), plus the additional $600 for the second year?

2nd hand knowledge says if you signed up thru D* they'd patch you thru to AT&T for the phone stuff anyway.

the HR24 + H25 will be an additional $300 up front by the way. however if you're ok with that, you can get that changed from the genie/client that AT&T signs you up with when the D* tech shows up. so long as you dont have AT&T comming to do your internet service at the same time it should be a D* tech who does the install and should be able to change it easily.

lack of netflix can pretty much be mitigated with the D* on demand stuff. obviously its not all inclusive of what netflix has but it should cover a good chunk.

it sounds like you've got the pricing pretty much figured out, so its really just a matter of what you value. do you want the unlimited data, cable TV for camping, and new phones for $600 ($25x24), plus the additional $600 for the second year?
Thats just it, $1400 in phones for essentially $600 in exchange for a Higher Data plan.
But now add the $300 in extra Equipment upgrades, and now I'm really only saving $500 on the phones.
Plus the 1st year savings though, of roughly $40 a month over my current Dish rate.
But basically a wash after year 1.
So really a Non factor there.

But, also my existing ATT plan will no longer be available once I change it.
It will go up $24 from now anyway.
So
It sounds like the AT&T side is where my issues are.

Internet I don't need from Direct or Att.
I have cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts