Customer service chat option

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Danny001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Bangor, ME
I've used this online chat feature a number of times. This comes in handy if you dont want to wait on hold. instant connection with a rep and being a northern customer who can't call in on a regular phone its great. Haven't seen much talk about it here and figured I'd point it out for those who might not know it exists. Can do anything from activating receivers to changing programming.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Agreed.

And if they can't get your issue resolved, they'll sometimes give you an alternative phone number with a four-digit code. That's happened to me before.

I had problem awhile back where they could not reduce my programming an wanted me to call. But I recently had them deactivate my football owned rcvr and it was painless, even said they could reactivate. I much preferred Chat/DIRT for Dish, so I hope directv moves away from the annoyances of having to call in and wait.

Much of that I like to handle during the day at work, and a chat window is a lot easier to deal with when I have radios and phones going off.

used it twice today to verify a couple receiver id of boxes I was looking at on ebay took 2 mins each time very user friendly

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

does the online chat ever work? I see it listed on the website and when I click it, the pop up box opens up back to the help center page.

You're welcome! Just a followup......

Called last night to "cancel" and got to retention....Got a one-time $60 credit which was supposed to take care of HBO. However...

Tried the chat today to better the premium channel promos.....Got $7 each off HBO and Starz, and Cinemax free for 3 months. Had to press a little bit..the original offers were $5 off (each) the Starz and Cinemax, or 2 for 1 with them. After asking about free trials again, that's when I was offered the above promo.

I, too, have had good luck with the chat. One time, they told me I had to call but I said my phone was broken*, that's why I was using chat, and they took care of it quickly. I got $10 off/month for a year last time I chatted with them.

*broken, in the other room, same thing.

Used chat for the first time on Monday because even though I activated Center Ice for the 15th year in a row on the phone and through the website 2 and 3x- it still wasn't added to my account. The chat had zero hold time, you weren't thrown around into 10 different departments asking the same questions. It was fast, easy and stress free. The rep actually knew what they were doing to boot! With the way phone support has degraded into an absolute hell hole, I will use this over and over until I can't get a question answered. Highly recommended.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts