AT&T Partners With Ericsson To Integrate UVerse & DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How well the integration will go remains to be seen. AT&T uses Ericsson's Mediaroom product to deliver U-verse, while DirecTV's middleware component is Cisco Videoscape (built on its acquired NDS software). For now, Romano said, the satellite and IPTV providers will keep their respective products, and the work "to map the different applications into the architecture is going on now."

Wonder if starting from new is the way to go.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Can someone explain to me if it's possible in the future that AT&T rolls out a U Verse internet in most areas that don't have U Verse? I would like to get away from TWC, they have a clamp on the capital region, or at least my area of the region in Upstate NY, no Verizon FiOS, or DSL, only other option is Satellite internet, not a fan of a data cap, and certain hours are slower than others, according to Hughes Nets Website.

Just kinda sick of paying $100 bucks for Internet, and it goes out more than I ever imagined, I thought DSL was bad with how much it went out, but TWC goes as much now. Download is great though, Upload is mad slow.

Can someone explain to me if it's possible in the future that AT&T rolls out a U Verse internet in most areas that don't have U Verse? I would like to get away from TWC, they have a clamp on the capital region, or at least my area of the region in Upstate NY, no Verizon FiOS, or DSL, only other option is Satellite internet, not a fan of a data cap, and certain hours are slower than others, according to Hughes Nets Website.

Just kinda sick of paying $100 bucks for Internet, and it goes out more than I ever imagined, I thought DSL was bad with how much it went out, but TWC goes as much now. Download is great though, Upload is mad slow.
Not sure how they would do that unless they bought up the area that you happen to live in and distributed Uverse over the existing structure, I don't see them starting from scratch in new areas any longer.

It is possible that they could offer a wireless plan that might work though and that wouldn't be restricted to an area if its cell driven.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)