Genie Error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
Trying to watch a program in the Genie room that was recorded in another room I get this Error:
( Playback Failed. No Audio/Video data Packets Received From Server)
But I can still watch it in the room it was recorded in.
This just started yesterday.
Any Help ?

Trying to watch a program in the Genie room that was recorded in another room I get this Error:
( Playback Failed. No Audio/Video data Packets Received From Server)
But I can still watch it in the room it was recorded in.
This just started yesterday.
Any Help ?
Probably, if it didn't get corrupted.

I rebooted both units and that seemed to fix the problem. But Now when I start up the Genie it starts on the same TV Ad ,frozen in that moment until I change the channel or hit rewind. Now that is strange. One thing : I never turn off the Genie.

I rebooted both units and that seemed to fix the problem. But Now when I start up the Genie it starts on the same TV Ad ,frozen in that moment until I change the channel or hit rewind. Now that is strange. One thing : I never turn off the Genie.
According to Directv, they are working on the problem. If you do not shut off your Genie, i imagine the commercial freeze will remain until you change channels or fiddle with the pause and fast forward. I always shut off my genie and when i turn it back on the commercial freeze is not evident until we get one of the commercials.

I would encourage people to call Directv and call again until they resolve the problem that they created....

Well there's your problem. I don't get why people leave things on all the time. I bet you go out of your way to make the remote not shut it off. How often do you need to reboot your computer because it gets slow? Same idea...

Well there's your problem. I don't get why people leave things on all the time. I bet you go out of your way to make the remote not shut it off. How often do you need to reboot your computer because it gets slow? Same idea...
Hitting the off button on the remote does not reboot the receiver. There are several ways to reboot like RBR, unplugging, ect., the off button only turns off the output.

until you unplug the power cord or otherwise cut off power to the receiver, they are always on. that's why you don't need it "on" to record programs.

the computer example is terrible bw. i leave my computer on all the time and it doesn't get slow. i also occasionally defrag, run anti-virus/malware, and manually stop errant programs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)