AT&T To Buy DIRECTV for $67 Billion

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A useful demand might be to insist that AT&T U-verse/DirecTV subscribers get to have AT&T for mobile wireless carrier at 50 percent off their entire monthly bill. (People are allowed to dream.)

At that rate might as well include hookers and blow too.

They don't want consumer-friendly concessions, just things that will give them a leg up in their business as a competitor gets larger.

I know. That's a part of the reason my mobile wireless carrier is not AT&T.

A useful demand might be to insist that AT&T U-verse/DirecTV subscribers get to have AT&T for mobile wireless carrier at 50 percent off their entire monthly bill. (People are allowed to dream.)
I already have the 50% off of my Wireless service thru at&t. :D

No, thats Not a dream, it's reality.

I already have the 50% off of my Wireless service thru at&t. :D

No, thats Not a dream, it's reality.
Your entire bill?

If so...how?!

Sent from my smartphone using Tapatalk.

The American Cable Association has urged the Federal Communications Commission to heed past AT&T-DirecTV concerns about access to regional sports networks and apply conditions to ensure the companies' proposed merger does not result in higher prices for rivals' access to DirecTV's four owned RSNs, which operate as Root Sports Northwest, Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain and Southwest. ACA says program-access rules are not sufficient protection against the incentive and opportunity for the combined company to charge competitors -- including smaller cable operators lacking in discretionary income -- higher prices for those RSNs. In a filing in the merger docket, ACA said that "AT&T and DirecTV themselves have a long history of raising the same concerns as ACA about vertically integrated programmers, particularly with respect to access to RSN programming, the very programming assets at issue in this proceeding."

multichannel.com
If only this standard was applied to Comcast for its Comcast SportsNet Phildaelphia. (Of course there was probably more resentment when Philadelphia Phillies were winning.)

How so are you getting 50 percent off your entire monthly bill from your mobile carrier AT&T?

That is the offer for all at&t employees ... for the last year or so I think.
There is a company website to go to and put your info into it and then it gets processed.

That is the offer for all employees ... for the last year or so I think.
There is a company website to go to and put your info into it and then it gets processed.

I've been told the monthly plans discounted are 20 percent off just data from the Top 2: Verizon Wireless and AT&T.

Btw, for those interested ...
at&t is buying D*, not AT&T.

I know.

Your 50-percent-off discount is good strictly for AT&T employees.

My earlier post didn't take you, and fellow AT&T employees, into account because the majority of AT&T U-verse/DirecTV subscribers are not employed by AT&T. (But, you are welcomed to continue, in that "dream," of getting mobile wireless service at a 100 percent discount from AT&T.)

Last edited:
I know.

Your 50-percent-off discount is good strictly for AT&T employees.

My earlier post didn't take you, and fellow AT&T employees, into account because the majority of AT&T U-verse/DirecTV subscribers are not employed by AT&T. (But, you are welcomed to continue, in that "dream," of getting mobile wireless service at a 100 percent discount from AT&T.)
Thats OK, I'm happy with 50%.
Waiting to see what happens when the merger goes thru and what kind of discount we get with D*.
If it is also 50 % off I would be thrilled.

What's In Store For The AT&T And DirecTV Merger Deal?
Jun. 29, 2015 1:41 AM ET |About: AT&T Inc. (T), DTV, Includes: CMCSA, TWC

Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. (More...)
Summary

The AT&T and DirecTV merger verdict is expected to come out soon.
AT&T may have to meet certain conditions imposed by the regulatory bodies.
The merger is most likely to win FCC approval.
AT&T looks to expand its broadband exposure through the acquisition of DirecTV. The combined entity should also benefit from cost synergies.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/328...27g7:1ap1mm8:e4e10183740fe1fa57c3ea0a2a82485b

Reactions: DS0816
What's In Store For The AT&T And DirecTV Merger Deal?
Jun. 29, 2015 1:41 AM ET |About: AT&T Inc. (T), DTV, Includes: CMCSA, TWC

Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. (More...)
Summary

The AT&T and DirecTV merger verdict is expected to come out soon.
AT&T may have to meet certain conditions imposed by the regulatory bodies.
The merger is most likely to win FCC approval.
AT&T looks to expand its broadband exposure through the acquisition of DirecTV. The combined entity should also benefit from cost synergies.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/328...27g7:1ap1mm8:e4e10183740fe1fa57c3ea0a2a82485b
Wasn't it about a month ago or so that there was talk that the merger was IMMINENT ...
To me, that mean like in the next few days ... apparently thats not the case with this one.
It seems to keep dragging on and on ....
That said, I understand they need to be thorough

I don't think buyouts of two competing companies will ever be "next few days". In my opinion, it has actually moved pretty quickly given the circumstances.

We agree on that point. That's actually what I was referencing. They have to be careful when approving two competing companies. Will it ultimately hurt or benefit the economy. When billions are at stake... I imagine it would be one to look and assess each document both companies have.

We agree on that point. That's actually what I was referencing. They have to be careful when approving two competing companies. Will it ultimately hurt or benefit the economy. When billions are at stake... I imagine it would be one to look and assess each document both companies have.
I don't look at these two companies as competing with one another, 1 is TV in a limited area, while the other spans the US, with LOS limitations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts