AT&T To Buy DIRECTV for $67 Billion

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Live local streaming. Will that be on the TV side and like live local news and events ? If so that would be awesome I could stream wymt then. Hopefully they will use lte for this

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

In addition to marketing, with bundles and all that, I would like AT&T to launch channels.

I'm thinking of channels available from AT&T U-verse but not DirecTV, yes, but also some channels in need of being brought up to date in HD.

DirecTV is now owned by AT&T. The number of television subscriptions, nationwide, are now on the level of Comcast. So, I think it will be most interesting to see what AT&T actually does going forward. Branding, yes, but also the overall service which very much includes the channel lineup.

In addition to marketing, with bundles and all that, I would like AT&T to launch channels.

I'm thinking of channels available from AT&T U-verse but not DirecTV, yes, but also some channels in need of being brought up to date in HD.

DirecTV is now owned by AT&T. The number of television subscriptions, nationwide, are now on the level of Comcast. So, I think it will be most interesting to see what AT&T actually does going forward. Branding, yes, but also the overall service which very much includes the channel lineup.
Most of this will be done according to contracts that are already in use. I don't see them going out and re negotiating any of them for this purpose.

I wonder if why they aren't really telling us what AT&T plans on doing with UVerseTV and the integration between both systems is because they can't do anything until the UVerseTV channel contracts expire and I wonder when that is?

I wonder if why they aren't really telling us what AT&T plans on doing with UVerseTV and the integration between both systems is because they can't do anything until the UVerseTV channel contracts expire and I wonder when that is?
I would imagine all the contract end at different times.

Sprint's new ad takes aim at AT&T's refusal to run offer on DirecTV http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/b...es-aim-at-at-ts-refusal-to-run.html?ana=yahoo
Sprint is taking an aggressive approach to competing with AT&T after being denied the opportunity to market its latest offer on DirecTV."We understand DirecTV is now part of AT&T," Sprint spokesman David Tovar said, referring to the $48.5 billion acquisition AT&T(NYSE: T) recently made. "But we thought that AT&T would be supportive of a competitive marketplace and would allow the free exchange of ideas."After Sprint’s attempts to buy advertising on DirecTV failed, the company has launched a new marketing campaign calling out AT&T by publishing the letter by Kevin Crull, who joined Sprint as chief marketing officer in May, sent to Randall Stevenson, AT&T CEO, and John Stankey, CEO of AT&T Entertainment & Internet Services at AT&T. The ad, which reiterates the offer, ran Thursday in major publications across the nation.

Looks that way!! imo :)

I was watching Sprint when I had a basic phone. It offered me nothing to upgrade to a smartphone. And then I did research and decided to leave. Wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was watching Sprint when I had a basic phone. It offered me nothing to upgrade to a smartphone. And then I did research and decided to leave. Wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I was with them in that same situation, I did upgrade to a Smart Phone, and it cost me an additional $10 a month in case I happen to wanred into a 4g zone. That was about 5 years ago when I got the Smart Phone and they STILL don't have 4g in my area ... they tell us soon ... may neighbor says, they've been saying that also for about 5 years.

When I was with them in that same situation, I did upgrade to a Smart Phone, and it cost me an additional $10 a month in case I happen to wanred into a 4g zone. That was about 5 years ago when I got the Smart Phone and they STILL don't have 4g in my area ... they tell us soon ... may neighbor says, they've been saying that also for about 5 years.

that is exactly why I left Sprint. kept saying 4G would be in the area soon.. gave me a time line of by the end of said year (2012), and they still don't have it here. I left them in 2012 for Verizon.

that is exactly why I left Sprint. kept saying 4G would be in the area soon.. gave me a time line of by the end of said year (2012), and they still don't have it here. I left them in 2012 for Verizon.
I too left for many of the same reasons .... they also couldn't give me solid signal in my home, which had been fine with them for many years, then one day something happened and it was spotty from that point on ... they offered me an Air rave witch worked, but it required me to use MY internet to work it.

The reason I left Sprint for my current carrier, Verizon, had a lot to do with the overall ratings on the carriers in a Consumer Reports from earlier this year. I found consistently low ratings for Sprint on data, text, voice quality, call drops—nearly every category. There was a score system in which Sprint was the only one of the four traditional carriers with a score below 60. (It's not that the the other three—which also include AT&T and T-Mobile—were over 80. But Sprint's low performance couldn't be ignored.) With the exception of perceived value, which probably has more to do with people taking their entire bill (including folding into their monthly price the installment payments for a phone not paid off), Verizon had consistent No. 1 ratings. (Well, I think I now recall that AT&T may have been rated No. 1 on the data reliability.)

This awakened me to the fact that, with choosing to move from a basic phone to a smartphone, I should not remain with Sprint and, instead, should go with a different carrier. I was out of contract with Sprint. So, I was free to move.

I bought an iPhone 6 Plus at an Apple Store. It's Unlocked. So, if anything comes up that would lead to me switching from Verizon to AT&T or T-Mobile, I will have the freedom to be able to do that. My decision to go with Verizon has nothing to do with rejecting AT&T or T-Mobile. This had to do with making a choice and knowing that it wasn't wise for me to remain with Sprint. But, with AT&T having bought DirecTV, I feel AT&T would have to do plenty more to persuade me to move over to AT&T. (I have an employee discount which currently makes Verizon the best for me personally.)

I'm am going to stick with my prediction on another thread that AT&T will unload UVerse & their DSL/POTTS line services & be solely a Satellite TV/Wireless entity. That will greatly solve their Directv/UVerse TV conundrum,& they can also keep their promise that they'll expand their broadband internet capabilities,as long as it's the highly expensive & capped wireless broadband($120.00 for 30GB per month,their top tier).

That is an interesting prediction given that there are a whole host of people that do not want satellite dishes attached to their roofs. I believe the real question is, which will die a quicker death, the cable tv industry or the satellite tv industry. My GUESS would be that the satellite industry will be the first to the grave. But.. that is only a gut guess, with absolutely no research to back up my "GUESS!" And one last thing, I think Uverse and Dirctv are both going to be around for a long long while yet. Why? Because people would balk at the idea of sticking a dish on their roof, just so they can keep television service with AT&T. People would rather just find a different provider.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)