AT&T To Buy DIRECTV for $67 Billion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Gotcha ...
Hopefully thats the case .... nothing is in stone, but it's looking good so far.
I'm waiting to find when that happens if it does.

Got an email over the weekend stating that would probably be the deal.

They mentioned the Ultimate package in our email ...

FYI = 4 ird per acct Also
Oh, so theres a max ?
I have 4 so I'm good.

Next thing I need to figure out is, is it also offered to Retirees and those spouses that have passed away. (a friend retired last year.)
I have a friend who's husband passed and need to find out if the offer goes to her as well, it would have gone to her husband.

Voices said 4.
No word on retirees or otherwise.
Paper to land with confirmation & full details/ requirements
per the voices in " 1 to 2 weeks ".
However Till we see paper down here.. We don't much believe any hype. ;)
BUT I well know this voice and if he spoke to this many @ one time
..... There is substance

Voices said 4.
No word on retirees or otherwise.
Paper to land with confirmation & full details/ requirements
per the voices in " 1 to 2 weeks ".
However Till we see paper down here.. We don't much believe any hype. ;)
BUT I well know this voice and if he spoke to this many @ one time
..... There is substance
I read something about the 9th, but don't know if it was for the D* deal as the email was also about att wireless.

AT&T Gets NFL Sunday Ticket from DIRECTV Deal http://finance.yahoo.com/news/t-gets-nfl-sunday-ticket-144728523.html
The DIRECTV (DTV) merger adds some rich sports content to AT&T’s (T) offerings. Highlighting this benefit, the company said, “As a result of this transaction, AT&T leads the industry in offering consumers premier content, particularly live sports programming, such as the exclusive rights to NFL SUNDAY TICKET, which gives customers every out-of-market NFL game, every Sunday afternoon, on any screen – TV, mobile devices or PCs.”The NFL Sunday Ticket package gives you the opportunity to watch NFL regular-season games broadcast outside your local market. DIRECTV renewed its exclusive distribution contract for the NFL Sunday Ticket in 3Q14.According to the company, this contract adds rights related to NFL Sunday Ticket.TV. NFL Sunday Ticket.TV is a broadband and mobile streaming service. This is particularly significant for AT&T considering Verizon’s (VZ) NFL mobile distribution rights.According to ESPN.com sports business reporter Darren Rovell, DIRECTV has renewed its contract for an eight-year period. The company will have to pay ~$1.5 billion per year for exclusive rights to the NFL Sunday Ticket during this time.

So does this mean that Uverse customers gain access to NFL Sunday Ticket? Or would one still need the satellite service? If so, do you order satellite service through AT&T now?
I can answer the latter half ...
When you call into D * your greeted with Att/D* if your in an att area already .... you can still call directly to D* as well as to att to order D*, you'll also see that on the websites.

So does this mean that Uverse customers gain access to NFL Sunday Ticket? Or would one still need the satellite service? If so, do you order satellite service through AT&T now?
On TV, DIRECTV® holds the rights. What the article is referring is sundayTicket.TV, which appears to be an online version of ST

I can answer the latter half ...
When you call into D * your greeted with Att/D* if your in an att area already .... you can still call directly to D* as well as to att to order D*, you'll also see that on the websites.
As I " hear it "
Att Sales & dmdr reps sale DirecTV FIRST and uverse second now.
This includes uverse capable areas in the 21 state region.
( complete flop of the sales agreement prior in " partnership ")

Example: a current uverse customer ( IPTV ) calling in .......
.....An attempted conversion to sat service is not out of the question within the same company now. :confused:

NFLSundayTicket.tv is only available in select areas that can't get Directv service... so, in theory, yes, it could be possible to get NFLST.tv if they have u-verse, however this was already possible before the acquisition.

Well, I placed my address in the eligibility determination portion of nflsundayticket.tv, and it says my address is available. Now that could be because when we moved here in 2010 a directv installer told us he couldn't get LOS during our install and he logged us as unable to receive it? Or, our address is a "uverse address" and we can get it as uverse users. Either way, does anyone know if the streaming version is as good as MLB.tv?

Well, I placed my address in the eligibility determination portion of nflsundayticket.tv, and it says my address is available. Now that could be because when we moved here in 2010 a directv installer told us he couldn't get LOS during our install and he logged us as unable to receive it? Or, our address is a "uverse address" and we can get it as uverse users. Either way, does anyone know if the streaming version is as good as MLB.tv?
I would guess that you are now in a U Verse area.

AT&T And Direct TV's Debt Is Overrated http://seekingalpha.com/article/340...27g7:1as50du:d128298b60add8a8f7d0b9fa025c4a10
Summary

The combined entities will have a mountain of debt.
Cash flows are too uncertain as they are both tech companies.
The debt should be downgraded.

AT&T (NYSE:T) and Direct TV have dozens of bonds outstanding that are investment grade rated. AT&T is Baa1 rated by Moody's, BBB+ rated by S&P. The most hilarious rating is by Fitch: A-. Direct TV's are Baa2 rated by Moody's, BBB by S&P, and A+ by Fitch. The two combined will have a mountain of debt and liabilities with uncertain cash flows.

NFL, DirecTV facing another class-action lawsuit over Sunday Ticket Posted by Mike Florio on August 15, 2015, 9:36 AM EDT http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ver-sunday-ticket/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
The NFL and DirecTV likely will be glad when summer ends, and not just because football season has arrived.In June, July, and now in August, the league and its satellite TV partner have been on the wrong end of class-action lawsuits arising from the NFL Sunday Ticket package.The latest has been filed in federal court in California, on behalf of the Gael Pub in New York City and all restaurants and bars that purchased the package during the relevant time period. The allegations are similar to the claims made in the July lawsuit filed by a San Francisco establishment regarding the limited availability and pricing of out-of-market games.The complaint, a copy of which PFT has obtained, alleges that the sliding-scale of package prices based on maximum occupancy ranges from $1,458 per year to more than $120,000 annually.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)