AT&T To KEEP the DIRECTV Name

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wonder if it will come down to if AT&T cares about the names flowing together with UVerse or just having their globe next to it? Would UVerse Internet and Phone still work together with DTV having their globe next to it? AT&T did say they want one brand I wonder if that will be just for TV or Internet and Phone also?

I wonder if it will come down to if AT&T cares about the names flowing together with UVerse or just having their globe next to it? Would UVerse Internet and Phone still work together with DTV having their globe next to it? AT&T did say they want one brand I wonder if that will be just for TV or Internet and Phone also?
I'm thinking they are going the route of the Globe next to each name at least for the here and now.

Meanwhile I'm watching a DirecTV commercial right now. Maybe they'll get rid of U Verse branding and rename it all DirecTV like DirecTV Sat and DirecTV Cable. Or I could be pulling that out of my ass.
'

Hey, that's just as accurate as anything DSL Reports could come up with. That site is the supermarket tabloid of tech 'news'. There must not have been any T-Mobile lovefest editorials to post that day so they had to make something up to get page clicks.

Reactions: Troch77
Could AT&T still have two separate names and have both systems have the same channels, but have the different guides, before they merge the two platforms and launch their next generation TV system? Could they do something like that in 2016?

Last edited:
Could AT&T still have two separate names and have both systems have the same channels, but have the different guides, before they merge the two platforms and launch their next generation TV system? Could they do something like that in 2016?
I'm thinking the merged line up and the One box does all will be aways down the line ... heres hoping anyways.

I think it's impressive that we still have the cyclone logo (aka the D) on the guide in the upper right. I expect that to change any day to the death star.

I don't think the Cyclone to Globe change wont happen until after Jan. 1st like the AT&T memo said. I still don't get why they have to wait until January to change it. Wouldn't it be a simple software tweak. I wonder how its going to look in the guide since its such a small space? I guess it would be just the Globe and the DTV name. I don't think their is room to also have the AT&T name?

They're not putting AT&T anywhere. It's just the globe. That is what the email said. No point in having AT&T there since the globe is such a well-known label.

Sorry I forgot that in that memo the new logo just had the Globe next the DTV name and didn't have the AT&T name next to it. Some in other forums have info that it would be just AT&T TV in the future and not have DTV or UVerseTV. If that happens I wonder if they will just have the AT&T Globe in the guide and that's it?

Sorry I forgot that in that memo the new logo just had the Globe next the DTV name and didn't have the AT&T name next to it. Some in other forums have info that it would be just AT&T TV in the future and not have DTV or UVerseTV. If that happens I wonder if they will just have the AT&T Globe in the guide and that's it?
I heard that in the future it will go as at&t Entertainment.

I heard that in the future it will go as at&t Entertainment.

This is just the umbrella that Directv, U-Verse, and anything television / internet related are under. It's the organization name that John Stankey is CEO of that is changing, which is currently AT&T Entertainment and Internet Services, but from what I understood in the email, the logo wasn't going to change as of now except to the globe with Directv.

This is just the umbrella that Directv, U-Verse, and anything television / internet related are under. It's the organization name that John Stankey is CEO of that is changing, which is currently AT&T Entertainment and Internet Services, but from what I understood in the email, the logo wasn't going to change as of now except to the globe with Directv.
This is how I read it as well.

Reactions: harmlesslyfatal
I thought of a cool campaign for AT&T call it AT&T Direct. AT&T DirecTV, AT&T Direct Internet, AT&T Direct Phone. "Don't just watch TV DirecTV." "Don't just surf the web, Direct the Web." "Don't just use your phone Direct your Phone."

I thought of a cool campaign for AT&T call it AT&T Direct. AT&T DirecTV, AT&T Direct Internet, AT&T Direct Phone. "Don't just watch TV DirecTV." "Don't just surf the web, Direct the Web." "Don't just use your phone Direct your Phone."
No. Please No.

I've seen the installer guys running around in their new vans and nowhere on them does it say "Directv". I don't understand why you would take years of successful branding and kill it.

2 steps forward and 3 backwards imo.

Got pictures of these new vans? I think I may of been seeking the same thing around here.

Got pictures of these new vans? I think I may of been seeking the same thing around here.
ATT vans I believe do not say Directv on them anywhere, just the design and an at&t logo.

I don't have any pictures to show you but someone posted one awhile back I think.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)