AT&T To Shut Down UVERSE after DIRECTV Merger?

I was surprised to see the STB's are running microsoft (they sold it) mediaroom. I have been playing with the wireless STB its not too bad. I could swear i read somewhere that ATT was paying the highest rates of any MVPD. Would not surprise me if they just used DTV and adopted it to run over the uverse network.

I was surprised to see the STB's are running microsoft (they sold it) mediaroom. I have been playing with the wireless STB its not too bad. I could swear i read somewhere that ATT was paying the highest rates of any MVPD. Would not surprise me if they just used DTV and adopted it to run over the uverse network.
Mvpd?

Perhaps a little to obscure for use here.
Not really ....
Have you never Learned anything ?

Sadly we use acronyms Way to much in this world, att I think uses them for 99% of their language.
I think everyone on is afraid to say the actual words any more, people attention span now is so short that they think they will lose the person if they don't. :coco:(:mad:.

Not really ....
Have you never Learned anything ?
One of the lessons is that acronyms are a decided impediment to learning and frequently turn away those who aren't familiar with them because the discussion appears to be for insiders when lots of them are tossed around or not used according to the rules.

I have to SMH the way abbreviations and jargon are used on this site.I think I will just MYOB and go back to my favorite show on CATV where they carry more locals than SHIVA allows for DBS satellite

One of the lessons is that acronyms are a decided impediment to learning and frequently turn away those who aren't familiar with them because the discussion appears to be for insiders when lots of them are tossed around or not used according to the rules.
Wow, I ask about what something stands for, get my answer and a week later your telling me that because I didn't know what it was I don't belong in the conversation ?

I'm sure I can find a bunch that you have no idea about as well.

Too bad theres not a dislike button.

All the Vrad does it take the fiber and piggyback the signal on the existing pots line.

Literally it just injects the Internet in the existing copper lines, instead of at the central office which cuts down the long cable run and provides faster speeds.

The problem is you run into a limitation of 45 Megs and comcast and the cable companies blow that away with their higher speed tiers

To the Orig Post.... That reads to me like CBS simply laying the groundwork for when Uverse refuses to pay the ransom cost for the CBS contract.

Wow, I ask about what something stands for, get my answer and a week later your telling me that because I didn't know what it was I don't belong in the conversation ?
Quite the opposite. I'm telling you that the improper use of an industry specific acronym excluded you and that kind of exclusion needs to be avoided.

All the Vrad does it take the fiber and piggyback the signal on the existing pots line.

Literally it just injects the Internet in the existing copper lines, instead of at the central office which cuts down the long cable run and provides faster speeds.

The problem is you run into a limitation of 45 Megs and comcast and the cable companies blow that away with their higher speed tiers
Were over 45 mg now, just needs newer equipment.
Still only works to certain distances, but every provider has that issue eventually.

I don't live in an AT&T area, but they offer 75Mbps UVerse in a lot of areas around Metro Birmingham now, so it can go higher than 45Mbps.

Reactions: bamasat
I don't live in an AT&T area, but they offer 75Mbps UVerse in a lot of areas around Metro Birmingham now, so it can go higher than 45Mbps.
This is because they're bringing fiber closer to the users in these areas. You can get away with that when you have a relatively high population density.

It will be a long time before I see Google Fiber. Right now they are only deploying it in the city of Charlotte. I live in a small town that borders the city. AT&T Gigapower is also not yet available. TWC Maxx is coming however with speeds up to 300Mbps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)