AT&T TV

I’ve got 200/20 internet from Mediacom, not so much for the speed but because of data caps. The next fastest company is a WISP at about 20Mbps for what I’m paying Mediacom for 200Mbps. And then there’s Frontier with a ripping 3Mbps for a little less.

There is a new company in town doing internet only via fiber but they’ve pretty much decided to go down the main drag in town which is quite a ways from me. They do say they will be expanding that but I’m not holding my breath.

Yesterday I cancelled YouTubeTV. It was a good service, but ATT TV will save me some money for the year I’ll keep it and it works well enough. IMO, there just isn’t a live streaming service that doesn’t have its own set of warts.

Reactions: Rey and Bear Paws
Be loooong time before we see fiber. We have one third your population at 4000 and we are very very sprawling rural. Unlike you with 95% urban..Our town nerve center consists of a Church, town hall, bank, Constables office (the old train station) and a 1894 fountain in a roundabout. I exaggerate a little ,.The Constable is also our Resident State Trooper.

I'm surprised we even have cable at all let alone with ''Gigablast'' at 940 Mbps available. Speaking of which. Its time to do my weeky speed test, just to keep Cox honest :devilish

I'll look at ATT again. They are the only viable option for conjugal bliss in my house.. My wife is a Yankee fan and if there is no YES network its a deal breaker. She got it from her father. Me? I could be a Red Sox fan if it really interested me more than a ''wit''....You Tube TV got rid of YES.

Be loooong time before we see fiber. We have one third your population at 4000 and we are very very sprawling rural. Unlike you with 95% urban..Our town nerve center consists of a Church, town hall, bank, Constables office (the old train station) and a 1894 fountain in a roundabout. I exaggerate a little ,.The Constable is also our Resident State Trooper.

I'm surprised we even have cable at all let alone with ''Gigablast'' at 940 Mbps available. Speaking of which. Its time to do my weeky speed test, just to keep Cox honest :devilish

I'll look at ATT again. They are the only viable option for conjugal bliss in my house.. My wife is a Yankee fan and if there is no YES network its a deal breaker. She got it from her father. Me? I could be a Red Sox fan if it really interested me more than a ''wit''....You Tube TV got rid of YES.
I wouldn't even bother getting a service that has the rsn's until those sprtsnets actually broadcast live events.

I wouldn't even bother getting a service that has the rsn's until those sprtsnets actually broadcast live events.
I agree, no sense paying for live sports you wouldn’t be getting.
Soon. NASCAR starts up in May 17th.
Well there was a year, 1994, without the World Series This could be the year with only the World Series. :biggrin

Ya, I'm in no hurry to switch. Its just that flame under my butt every time I write that check to Cox Cable. But like I've been saying. The few dollars, maybe $40 if I'm really lucky, I don't to trade convenience for any less. If ATT wireless internet came around here, then I would look at it real hard. But thats as likely as fiber coming down my street/road anytime soon. And ''should be expecting" (ATT's words) 25Mbps would barley cut it.. Although they do say up to a Gig for 39.95..up to 14 devices

Last edited:
Reprising this a bit.

The ATT box is great for using the ATT TV service and good enough for apps though there can be some issues with them.

I was having audio issues with it because they are outputting DD+ and my soundbar doesn’t deal with it well. Heavy bass, very boomy and the front audio levels are way higher than they should be. My soundbar can adjust for that a bit, but not much and not enough to make it really pleasant IMO.

In order to get audio right with it I had to change and connect the ATT box directly to the TV and use Optical out of the TV to the soundbar. That’s because Optical won’t pass DD+ and deprecates it to DD5.1. And that works better in my setup.

Just noticed that there is a AT&T TV ( and Now) app up on the Roku Channel Store, they must of come to a agreement since AT&T pulled it back in Jan.

Gives hope they will come to a agreement to have a HBO MAX app at launch.

Reactions: ncted
Well, since I already have ATT internet, I decided to see what a bundle service of it and ATT tv would cost. It APPEARS that it would save me a few bucks over my internet and the other streamers. I say appears, because it absolutely will NOT allow me to add this to my cart with my current account. When I try to set it up as new service, it takes me in a series of repeating loops that never gets me any closer to checking out. Spent about a hour on it last night before I gave up.

Decided to get on chat this morning to get the info, and after a hour, and six transfers to the "correct" department (wireless, tech support, and a host of others that have nothing to do with the issue), I am not once again in a hold because of high chat activity.

This is absolutely ridiculous. With the other OTT offerings, getting set up takes minutes. Im two hours into this and no closer than when I started.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
And now, after all of that run around, I finally get someone who seems to know what he is talking about. 20 minutes in chat with him, he gets my info, goes into my account. Has me wait to come back with, "all att tv orders are being processed over the phone, but he can give me a direct number to his friend in that department"

Proceeds to give me the basic att 1-800 number. He couldnt even give me a bundled price so I could see if this is what I wanted to do.

Honestly, I do not see how they have a single customer of this service with the customer service as it is.

And now, after all of that run around, I finally get someone who seems to know what he is talking about. 20 minutes in chat with him, he gets my info, goes into my account. Has me wait to come back with, "all att tv orders are being processed over the phone, but he can give me a direct number to his friend in that department"

Proceeds to give me the basic att 1-800 number. He couldnt even give me a bundled price so I could see if this is what I wanted to do.

Honestly, I do not see how they have a single customer of this service with the customer service as it is.
When I went to AT&T's website, I was able to check what my cost would be.

$39.99 - Entertainment Package for TV
$39.99 - Internet (up to 75 megs)
$10.00 - Internet Modem Rental
$89.98 - Monthly Cost (I'm assuming this is for a year).

When I went to AT&T's website, I was able to check what my cost would be.

$39.99 - Entertainment Package for TV
$39.99 - Internet (up to 75 megs)
$10.00 - Internet Modem Rental
$89.98 - Monthly Cost (I'm assuming this is for a year).
I cant do that because I can never get to the point where the tv and the internet are in the same cart with the internet discount applied.

Ironically I can get it to add Directv do the cart.

I cant do that because I can never get to the point where the tv and the internet are in the same cart with the internet discount applied.

Ironically I can get it to add Directv do the cart.
I just found this on their website.

The Entertainment package I posted about earlier goes to $93/month. That is completely ridiculous.

*$19.95 ACTIVATION, EARLY TERMINATION FEE OF $15/MO. FOR EACH MONTH REMAINING ON AGMT., EQUIPMENT NON-RETURN AND ADD’L FEES APPLY. Price incl. AT&T TV Pkg., and 1 AT&T TV device. New residential customers only, excluding DIRECTV and U-verse TV customers. Restr’s apply.

AT&T TV: Requires high-speed internet. Recommend a minimum of 24 Mbps per stream for optimal viewing (min 8 Mbps per stream). Limit 3 concurrent AT&T streams.

HBO Offer: Ltd. time (ends 6/27/20 for ENTERTAINMENT Package). HBO auto-renews after 12 months at then prevailing rate (currently $15/mo.), and Cinemax®, SHOWTIME®, STARZ®, and EPIX® are included for 3 months and auto-renew thereafter at then prevailing rate (currently $39/mo.), unless you change or cancel. Req’s you to select offer.

Ends 6/27/20. 1st & 2nd year Pricing: $49.99/mo. for ENTERTAINMENT Pkg; $54.99/mo. for CHOICE Pkg; $64.99/mo. for XTRA Pkg; $69.99/mo. for ULTIMATE Pkg; $54.99/mo. for OPTIMO MAS for first 12 mos. only. After 12 mos. or loss of eligibility, then prevailing rate applies (currently $93/mo. for ENTERTAINMENT Pkg; $110/mo. for CHOICE Pkg; $124/mo. for XTRA Pkg; $135/mo. for ULTIMATE Pkg; $86.99/mo. for OPTIMO MAS), unless cancelled or changed prior to end of the promo period. Includes: AT&T TV Pkg, & one (1) AT&T TV device. Add’l devices avail for $120 each or on installment. Additional Fees & Taxes: Price excludes Regional Sports Fee of up to $8.49/mo. (which is extra & applies to CHOICE and higher Pkgs), and certain other add’l fees & charges

Yep, that’s what the site says. I signed up last month for Entertainment. No activation fee since I did it online. $100 rebate and price was $49.99 with getting TV only.

I changed the math...

Figured I’d keep it a year, pay them the net $500 over that period. Cancel and pay the ETF and the net cost is $57/month for a year. Good price, right channels and the service works well.

If at the end of the year they make me an offer I consider good, I’ll stay, otherwise just like with any other streamer, I’ll move to someone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)