AT&T U-verse ADDS FOX NEWS HD/MORE

paja

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Orland Park, IL
When I recently dumped DISH to get AT&T U-verse , I did so knowing I would be getting less hd, at least at first. So far U-verse has exceeded my expectations,with excellent pq on both hd & sd channels, more channels than I was getting with DISH, an hd dvr that services my whole house, and great customer service. Cheaper all around tv, internet, & phone . And a ton of financial incentives. Of course there was less hd but the rep who signed me up told me more would be coming soon and was he ever right. 30 new hd channels being added on 3 Nov including FOX NEWS HD and FOX BUSINESS HD. No additional charges. The rep also told me there are negociations to add VOOM.He was right about the hd, let's hope he is right about VOOM as well! Glad I dumped DISH, they are clearly on the way down.:D TVPredictions.com Forum - AT&T U-Verse to Add 30 HD Channels

I don't think this belongs in a Dish Network Forum, but we've had FiOS TV since we moved in early April and love it! The HD PQ blows the doors off of Dish Network, and they are way ahead of Cable in rolling out HD services. Get this...Verizon doesn't pull channels off of the air without warning in order to save us customers money. Except for their mediocre HD DVR, we haven't missed E* at all. Hopefully, some of the VOOM channels will be carried by AT&T...and Verizon will soon follow. With the Telcos (AT&T and Verizon) beating DBS and Cable in customer satisfaction (J.D. Powers), I can only assume E*'s 3rd quarter subscriber numbers are going to be worse than 2nd quarter.

If your comparing FIOS against UVERSE, FIOS will blow it away.

Over the past year UVERSE's HD has gotten better, but its still not as good as Dish Networks of DirecTV's.

I want to get U-VERSE. But is not around my area till summer/09..So I had to upgrade my dish to another 24 months contract such is pain, and didn’t have choice thought.. Now I have 2/ 722 and one 612 is kind of cool…I like only dish because their boxes is TOP notch .no problem at all ...loves the 722..Only thing V-VERSE turn me of their service, thire boxes don’t have USB connection is just a HD/DVR nothing more!!, so u cant connect external hard drive to it. So that A BIG turns of to me. Might till 2010 my contract over with dish they come up with way better box then I ‘ll switch! But good luck with ur new service :)

When I recently dumped DISH to get AT&T U-verse , I did so knowing I would be getting less hd, at least at first. So far U-verse has exceeded my expectations,with excellent pq on both hd & sd channels, more channels than I was getting with DISH, an hd dvr that services my whole house, and great customer service. Cheaper all around tv, internet, & phone . And a ton of financial incentives. Of course there was less hd but the rep who signed me up told me more would be coming soon and was he ever right. 30 new hd channels being added on 3 Nov including FOX NEWS HD and FOX BUSINESS HD. No additional charges. The rep also told me there are negociations to add VOOM.He was right about the hd, let's hope he is right about VOOM as well! Glad I dumped DISH, they are clearly on the way down.:D TVPredictions.com Forum - AT&T U-Verse to Add 30 HD Channels

No ESPNews HD on UVerse?

I was surfing channels in my guide and as of this morning i have all HD chanels listed in my lineup and they say comming soon so we will see in a few days what happens

yeah, I am used to "soon" meaning never with dish and comcrap..

quick question, paja; do you sometimes have trouble loading webpages that have lots of Flash windows and shockwave stuff on them?
I noticed that today, and, the way I have been fixing it is to reload the page, and then it loads right up..Is that something weird about uverse, or is my connection goofy?

thanks for the help!

I am enjoying all the new HD myself the picture quility is real good and i am happy that i did the switch from Dish to AT&T UVERSEabout 3 months ago and when they said the 3rd it was turned on on the 3rd.

And Wase4711 i don't have any problems with web pages loading it may be something with your connection as you stated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)