at the risk of getting bashed forever.... I Love Dish....

riverdog

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
somewhere south of nowhere
Hey gang,

Let me put in my 2 cents worth. (If you think I'm way off base I won't be surprised)
But anyways.....
I have been a DISH subscriber through an uncle in the USA for over 10 years.
During that time I have tried both Cable TV and Bell ExpressVu in Canada where I live and neither comes anywhere near to what Dish gives me in either quality or choice.
The picture quality of cable here is absolutely horrible. I had it for 3 days when I called and told them to shut it off. The installer came out to try to "improve" my service and when he got here he said I had more signal and a better picture than most people!
Bell has a decent picture (though not as good as Dish) but the volume output from the equipment seemed lower.
As for selection of channels and programming it's just a mess.
Providers in Canada are required to substitute a Canadian channels feed in place of the US feed when they are broadcasting the same program.
So if I wanted to watch CSI on CBS but CTV Canada was showing it at the same time - I no longer get the CBS channel I'm paying extra for, I get 2 feeds of the CTV channel.
This is a regular occurance (at least it was when I had their service)
So, long story short, I remain and will remain a Dish customer as long as I can.
I'm not saying everything's perfect but it's darn good from where I sit. (in a big recliner)
Riverdog

Bell has a decent picture (though not as good as Dish) but the volume output from the equipment seemed lower.
agreed

Providers in Canada are required to substitute a Canadian channels feed in place of the US feed when they are broadcasting the same program.
So if I wanted to watch CSI on CBS but CTV Canada was showing it at the same time - I no longer get the CBS channel I'm paying extra for, I get 2 feeds of the CTV channel.

the other issue is Bell simsubs EVERYONE regardless of location which is illegal yet they line the CRTC's pockets and say "oh we cant do it by location" and they get a pass

I ahve Starchoice (I'm the opposite of you...live in US but have SC) and they got the simsub thing right. I have none due to my location. (you probably know this but I'll explain for others) the only time they can simsub is if you have that local channel near you that requests the simsub. So if I live in Toronto I would have simsubs...but my address has no OTA options so I get no simsubs.

Bell is one for all and all get simsubbed regardless of address,

Hey gang,

Let me put in my 2 cents worth. (If you think I'm way off base I won't be surprised)
But anyways.....
During that time I have tried both Cable TV and Bell ExpressVu in Canada where I live and neither comes anywhere near to what Dish gives me in either quality or choice.
The picture quality of cable here is absolutely horrible. I had it for 3 days when I called and told them to shut it off. The installer came out to try to "improve" my service and when he got here he said I had more signal and a better picture than most people!
So, long story short, I remain and will remain a Dish customer as long as I can.
I'm not saying everything's perfect but it's darn good from where I sit. (in a big recliner)
Riverdog

I USED to LOVE Dish. Not happy that when I got HD Absolute that I was told they couldn't add RSN due to a contract issue that they were trying to work out. When they did appearently 'get it worked out' they repackaged HD Absolute as 'Turbo' and said I can't have it because I'm an existing sub.

I didn't like the Voom move either but I understood that it had to happen... just didn't like the way it was done. Dish has a very odd way of dealing with its sub base... wonder if that has anything to do with all the people jumping ship lately?

Be careful when professing your love...there have been D* trolls sited in the E* realms as of late...

Let ye wish to be flamed by the uninvited, best watch thy emotive tongue! However if thou wish to be amongst friends, the right place is where you are...

However I would recommend a dish of protection that gives you +2 saving throws against politics and dragons breath before venturing into the forgotten realms. :)

(hows that for cynical. :) )

I USED to LOVE Dish. Not happy that when I got HD Absolute that I was told they couldn't add RSN due to a contract issue that they were trying to work out. When they did appearently 'get it worked out' they repackaged HD Absolute as 'Turbo' and said I can't have it because I'm an existing sub.

1 - It was clear to most that HD Absolute did not include any RSNs. You may have not been informed of that - which would be due to an incompetent CSR (true, that is Dish's fault).

2 - Supposedly, Turbo will be available to existing customers in February.

Hey gang,

But anyways.....
Riverdog

The naysayers make the most noise, and they seem to flock here like flies, which I why I don't frequent this forum as much as I used to. I'm with you, for what it's worth. For my needs, Dish offers the best mix of value for the money and image quality.

Why do I like Dish? An example. Dish hired a 3rd party company to call subs and offer Starz/Encore for $5.01 per month on top of the one premium I had. I took it. Next bill, I was being charged $10.00 (under DVR advantage). I called and talked to a lovely lass in West Virginia. Turns out, DVR advantage subs should not have been called for the deal, since we were already getting the same, actually. She was very apologetic and instantly offered me 3 mos of HBO, Show and Starz for FREE. Timing was perfect...just enough Showtime to get through Dexter! In short, I have always felt they treat me right.

CEO change is needed.

Without Charlie, it would be DirecTV or Comcast. Bland and boring.

If you want those, they are available.

People hate Charlie, because they have a preconception of a Billionaire as some sophisticated urban guy like James Bond. When they are confronted with a successful person who doesn't meet their preconceptions, it bothers them.

Without Charlie, it would be DirecTV or Comcast. Bland and boring.

If you want those, they are available.

People hate Charlie, because they have a preconception of a Billionaire as some sophisticated urban guy like James Bond. When they are confronted with a successful person who doesn't meet their preconceptions, it bothers them.
No People hate charlie because he Talks BS and Says he's doing something like launching certain local markets and then Doesn't. Scranton Wilkes-Barre Locals Were Giving a date on launch of BY JULY 30. OK By the End of October we Finally Got 1 HD local. He drops channels constantly, what about NBA pack? Charlie cars about NO ONE but Charlies Walet. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.

By the way hows that 30" satellite dish on the 129 working for ya.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)