AT9 and receiver question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sheridan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
I keep reading on the AT9 specs that I must use the H20 receiver. Why?

Also, I was considering the HD300. Without getting into a Ford vs Chevy argument, can someone tell why I should or shouldn't consider this receiver?

And never mind what I can get for free if I let D* do the install. That's not gonna happen.

Thanks.

Just guessing here, but maybe because the H20 supports all 5 satellites on the AT9 and, most importantly, it supports the mpeg4 encoding that the HD streams will use?

Ah, and I take it the HD300 does not?

Is the H20 the only choice or is it the best choice?

From what I can see, the HD300 does not support mpeg-4 (there could be forthcoming modules for it, I don't know.).

And it seens, yes, the H20 is the 'only choice' at this time for decoding mpeg-4 D* streams.

That kinda narrows it down. Thanks for clearing that up.

When you mentioned modules, are you talking about a hardware or software upgrade?

Hardware, I only saw mention of it along with other receiver models, and even then, it only mentioned the 'possibility' of one, so I am not sure if it applies to the HD300 or not.

If you're talking about the Sony HD300, then the answer is NO. Sony no longer makes D* receivers... the SAT-HD300 was a rebadged LG.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)