AT9 Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirecAnnapolis

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
Off the bat I am not the most knowlegable person about technology. I got the AT9Dish about 3 weeks ago. Last week one windy day I got searching for satellite signal on the TV. A tech came and said the wind knocked something loose and he tightened it. Today on a day where the wind is brisk but by no means a problem, searching for satellite again has appeared. Needless to say Im pretty pissed. I had the 3LNB dish for 2 yrs and had no problems. Now since I UPGRADED I have problems all the time!:mad: It says on my H20 receiver I have a multi switch problem. Now I have another tech coming tomorrow. Anyone have any advice or anything which I can end this problem for good. Thanks very much in advance.

What are you signal levels on each sat?

Are there are trees in or near the line of sight?

What multi-switch do you have?

I bet the monopoles were installed incorrectly. Depending on what surface (slanted roof vs. side of house) the monopoles must be installed on the "bend" of the mast, or on the "straight" portion of the mast, respectively.

Example, your dish is mounted on the eave of your roof. Installer installs the monopole on the vertical section of mast. If the dish shifts enough, the monopole- instead of holding its place by the opposing grip of the other monopole, may slide up the mast twist in place.

Congratulations, you now have a dish that is now being held out of alignment by a bent monopole.

Of course, it could be something else. This is just something that I've been noticing lately on a lot of AT-9 installs, and I get to look at ALOT of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)