AT9 (sidecar) vs. AU9 (Slimline)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Proc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
Motown
I've had the AT9 for nearly 2 years now. Its been a rock-solid dish. The past several weeks, D* has been calling me and leaving messages about how I "need a new dish". I've called them and told then I have the 5LNB/AT9 and the (clueless) phone op's still keep calling me back.

With that said...I know a ton of you still have AT9 (Sidecar) dishes. Unless there is something I don't know or haven't read, these are still fine to use, correct? I don't need to have them install a Slimline, correct? They look at the same birds...

I've had the AT9 for nearly 2 years now. Its been a rock-solid dish. The past several weeks, D* has been calling me and leaving messages about how I "need a new dish". I've called them and told then I have the 5LNB/AT9 and the (clueless) phone op's still keep calling me back.

With that said...I know a ton of you still have AT9 (Sidecar) dishes. Unless there is something I don't know or haven't read, these are still fine to use, correct? I don't need to have them install a Slimline, correct? They look at the same birds...

I have an AT9. It works just fine.

I figured as much. I kept telling the D* CSR's that have called me multiple times that my (AT9/5LNB/Sidecar) dish is fine and they still keep calling me, "Sir, you need a new dish.". Ugh.

With AT9 you can't put a Wistron LNB on a Andrews AT9 they aren't interchangable. With AU9 they aren't manufacturer specific so for Directv's service stand point an AU9 is better.

They are clueless. When I scheduled my upgrade from a 3 to a 5 this past summer, a month lter, every few days, DTV was calling, telling me I needed to upgrade.

They are clueless. When I scheduled my upgrade from a 3 to a 5 this past summer, a month lter, every few days, DTV was calling, telling me I needed to upgrade.

And now we have Beyonce dancing around telling everyone they need an "Upgrade. Upgrade." My wife and her sister imitate her every time that commercial comes on.

I am very pleased with the performance of my AT9. During ice storms, heave snow storms, accumulation on the dish, birds nesting on it, the performance is just fine. Same during heavy winds, despite being on a one story roof. If it works why change it? Don't fix what isn't broken.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts