At9 with a second dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blimes

Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
I have a at9 and the way my trees are I have a opening and can get everything but the 119 satelite from its location. I could however set up a second dish to point at 119 is there a switch that will work for that or no???

There is no switch that will perform the function you require. There was someone around here who was trying a different approach though. He was going to use 2 Andrews or Cal-Amp ka/ku dishes that use standard rg6 for the 110/119 lnb connections to the 101lnb, and string those along from the second dish to the first. I'm not sure if/how well it worked, but it is an idea.

Dual AT-9 Dishes

I had the post about dual AT-9 dishes and it will work as planned.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=73190

Litzdog911 got me thinking about trying a single (or two) round single LNB dishes as the outboard LNB's for the Cal Amp version of the AT-9 type dish. I suspect it will work using a Sat C connector kit. I believe both the 110 &119 feeds will have to come from the outboard LNB's and by the time you connect 3 dishes you are not much better off than 2 AT-9's.

Hope this helps

Doctor j

Just make sure you don’t connect any other type LNB to the side connectors on the main AT9 LNB. The voltages are not compatible and you can damage the main AT9 LNB.
Rick

I have a couple of old direct tv 18 inch dishes and a old lnb laying around. I only need 119 i can see 110 fine so can i get a sat c kit and get a adaptar to plug into my main at9 lnb??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts