Atlanta Area Voomer

300z said:
I am scheduled for a installation on 5/12.

I am not much into fixing stuff myself or living on the edge, so if this doesn't work out i am going to Charter HD.

Man, This forum is depressing.
I think armed with the info here and Voom's 1-800 number you'll be all set.

Anyone get Voom in Gwinnett County? I'm an exit north of the Mall of Georgia and looking for a demonstration.

slick1ru2 said:
Anyone get either of the 2 PBS channels when mapped? I don't.

You can forget seeing any PBS channels locally in Atlanta for a while and you can thank the sucky management of these stations and the state legislature for this pitiful situation. Apparently nobody in Georgia is going to get a digital PBS feed until the whole state can, despite the fact that over 50% of the state's population is in the Atlanta area. We are missing out on some good national HD programming due to this sorry situation. :(

xmmusicman said:
You can forget seeing any PBS channels locally in Atlanta for a while and you can thank the sucky management of these stations and the state legislature for this pitiful situation. Apparently nobody in Georgia is going to get a digital PBS feed until the whole state can, despite the fact that over 50% of the state's population is in the Atlanta area. We are missing out on some good national HD programming due to this sorry situation. :(

We voted the Democrats out, do we need to oust the Republicans on an HDTV for PBS platflorm? ;)

Happy to

say that my installation yesterday went smooth and now i am watching VOOM and Local Channels.

:)
Paul

Scheduled for the 28th, who has used amplifier for OTA?

I've been watching locals using a channel master mounted in my attic and a small amplifier to lock 2 and 19 (Roswell near 400). Moving to voom on the 28th :p . Has anyone used an amplifier with the voom for OTA?

Let you know how it goes next week.

I'm scheduled for Friday 28th...

anyone have any experience with Cinemaworx as an installer? Knowledgeable about V*? Any thing to keep in mind?

Frazier,

Did you have the install done today? Mine was supposed to happen today also, but they called this morning and said they didn't get the equipment, but will have it today and come in the morning.

Scott

Scott,
i did have my installation completed. it took a while because the first box didn't power up and the second box wasn't mapped for OTA channels--VOOM said it would take a couple of days to download. Joe from Cinema Worx was great. Very knowledgeable and detailed. Did you have your afternoon install?

As an update the PQ has been good for locals and HD, except for a few channels with a colored streak in the top middle of the screen. Not on locals and it is very random. Not a screen or screen protector issue as it doesn't show E*.

My original setup for OTA worked better than Stealthtenna setup due to weak CBS signal--any one interested in a cheap Stealtenna?

Frazier,

Yes, the installed mine last Saturday afternoon. They originally had trouble getting the local channels mapped, but a reboot seemed to fix that.

Scott

A couple of months vooming from Jackson Co., 60 miles from Atlanta downtown. I'm getting all digital channels but not 14-1 and 34-1. One is religious and second spanish so I am not bothered at all for not having them.
I have the largest Wingard OTA on the roof which was installed for free.

Same here. I don't get 14-1, 17-2 (17-1 is fine), or 34-1. I'd like to have the Spanish channel but no big deal. All the others come in really well.

I'm in Alpharetta, off of Windward Parkway specifically.

I am in Cartersville (about 45 mile N or Atlanta at the most) and I can only get 5.1 and one other; I believe it is Pax). In all fairness though there are a lot of trees in the way that my antenna is pointing. Oh yeah, I can get TBS but who cares when It is an SD channel.

I just read this on the Atlanta HDTV Forum:

Don't get excited yet! However, we are now making preparations for
switching to true HD network programming. We have just installed new
encoding equipment and are receiving training on it today. Tomorrow
we will get our HD switching equipment and we will be testing it over
the next few weeks. At this time we are discontinuing the 5-1 stretch
and we are upconverting everything to 720p. I'll let you know when
we begin true 720p content.

It looks like Fox is finally coming around!

Jason - VaVaVooming in Atlanta

I'm in Roswell off of Holcomb Bridge and I get both 17-1 and 17-2 without any problems. I don't get PAX (it's in a completely different direction). My only OTA problem is that FOX is sometimes flaky.

OK an update. I moved my antenna around and I can get 2.1 (ABC), 5.1(Fox), 11 (NBC), 14.1 (Pax i believe), and 46 (CBS).

I have one of all four hell yeah.

For some reason 3.1 is not even on my dial. Also, I dont' have a PBS for the kids. :(

Also, Does CBS in ATL not broadcast in HD?

CBS does broadcast certain PrimeTime Shows in HD. I beleive tonight is CSI and Joan of Arcadia. Both of these are in HD. Do you get 69-1? This is UPN and they show some of their Prime Time in HD also. PBS does not broadcast a digital signal in Georgia yet. I'm not sure when they will but I don't think it will be any time soon.

I'm not getting 17-2 for about two weeks now. I wonder if there is a problem with Voom's receiver or they just stopped broadcasting it?!

Conjuror said:
I'm not getting 17-2 for about two weeks now. I wonder if there is a problem with Voom's receiver or they just stopped broadcasting it?!
I have not received 17-2 since I had v* installed a week ago. I thought 17-1 was the only digital broadcast from TBS? I guess it really doesn't matter to me since the same broadcast on 17-2 is on 17-1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts