Atlanta Area Voomer

I don't get 69 or 17.2 and for some reason today I can't get 5.1.

Also, does anyone have 3.1 on their PG? It is not on mine but I saw somewhere that it was suppposed to be.

With the slight OTA problems I am having I am wondering if I need an upgrade or signal booster. Any help on this?

Well, when I had both, one was streched and the other was not. That's the only difference between the two.

Speaking of 17-1. Do you know if the Braves will be shown in HD any time soon? Apparantly Turner South is showing the HD games through Comcast. I know Turner South and TBS are owned by Turner Broadcasting.

Jason

DBENE said:
I don't get 69 or 17.2 and for some reason today I can't get 5.1.

Also, does anyone have 3.1 on their PG? It is not on mine but I saw somewhere that it was suppposed to be.

With the slight OTA problems I am having I am wondering if I need an upgrade or signal booster. Any help on this?

I have not noticed 3.1 on my PG. :confused: I can't think of another local channel that I do not have, other than the spanish channel and PAX.

I noticed earlier today I could not pick up 5.1, I could get sound but not a picture. I know they are currently upgrading the station to support 720p maybe this has something to do with it.

Jason

* red - uhf WPXA-DT 14.1 PAX Rome GA 321° 29.1 51
* red - uhf WSB-DT 2.1 ABC Atlanta GA 195° 16.9 39
* red - uhf WPBA-DT 21 PBS Atlanta GA TBD 190° 17.0 21
* red - uhf WTBS-DT 17.1 TBS ATLANTA GA 192° 13.7 20
* red - vhf WXIA-DT 11.1 NBC Atlanta GA 189° 17.1 10
* red - uhf WUPA-DT 69.43 UPN ATLANTA GA 194° 18.2 43
* red - uhf WHSG-DT 44.1 TBN MONROE GA 194° 18.2 44
* red - uhf WGCL-DT 46.1 CBS ATLANTA GA 192° 13.7 19
* red - vhf WGTV-DT 12 PBS Athens GA 08-04 150° 16.5 12
* red - uhf WATC-DT 41 REL ATLANTA GA Currently Not Available 300° 9.6 41
* red - uhf WATL-DT 36.1 WB Atlanta GA 192° 13.7 25
* red - uhf WAGA-DT 5.1 FOX Atlanta GA 191° 14.4 27
* red - uhf WUVG-DT 34.1 UNI ATHENS GA 192° 13.7 48

According to Antennaweb these are the channels we should get. 17.2 is gone. It used to be there. 21 12 and 41 aren't broadcasting yet, but that will bring two PBS stations on board.

All my locals went out last night. It was raining hard but they haven't come back. I was getting in the 80's on all the ones I got, something must've happened to my antenna. If I get back from work tonight and still don't have it i'm going to have to call voom...

negreenfield said:
All my locals went out last night. It was raining hard but they haven't come back. I was getting in the 80's on all the ones I got, something must've happened to my antenna. If I get back from work tonight and still don't have it i'm going to have to call voom...

Good luck! Hopefully they will be working when you get home. Let us know how it turns out if you have to call V*

Jason

Hey , I live in Woodstock and when Voom was first installed OTA was with the Stealth and I was getting Chan. 11 great and problems with 2 and 46 . So Installs Inc. came out and replaced with the Winegard and now it's just the opposite , 2 and 46 are o.k. and I have problems with chan. 11 . Overall though I am pleased with Voom , just wish they had Pay Per View , and NFL ticket .

negreenfield,
I too had a storm last night and lost both antenna and sat signals on voom... fortunately for me I still have my trusty ole CBand and my old antenna (and my HDTV has an ATSC tuner) so I still had tv... getting home from work today the voom sat channels were working, but the System Status - Channel page showed no (as in 0) Off-Air Signal Power/SNR:... so I tuned to channel 100 (HDN) and tuned down to the antenna channels... the first one said no signal recieved, the next one was the same, however the next one came in... so I back tracked and the other two came in... back on the System Status - Channel page, the Off-Air Signal Power/SNR: now reads 76/27.14 ... try this, it might work... L.O.L....

voomvoom and others, update to my situation. I called Voom last week and told them my situation and they were going to send someone out, but it wasn't going to be till June 22nd, so I was a little upset but thought, oh well, i'll just have to wait. Well, I went out of town Friday and came back yesterday and figured I'd turn on the TV and see the "no signal" come on, but to my surpise, all the locals worked great! I was able to watch the last game of the NBA finals in HD (which was on ABC I believe, NOT available on Comcast which I still have their HD package). I went to Law and Order SVU (or whichever of the 18 varieties they have) and checked it out against Comcast just to look and they look almost identical to me. I really need to calibrate my TV, Sony GWIII 60" non-XBR, to get the best settings but everything looked great. Previously I hadn't watched anything in HD on the local channels since I've been out of town so much so I finally go to do some comparisons and everything really looked great.

My one issue is NBC though, I was having sound issues. Does the sound cut out for anyone else every 60 seconds just for a fraction of a second, similar to how HDNews, Ch100 was doing for a while? I remember CBS having this issue on Comcast and probably everywhere last year but they corrected it. I'm just trying to see if it's only me or if others have noticed NBC did this last night? I'll be able to compare again tonight, maybe it was just that one show or something. I think Leno was fine, I can't really remember... I don't really like his show so I kept changing to the Worldsports channel..

PS. So my "solution" was just to let it come back, or maybe the guy who installed it found out and jumped on my roof while I was out of town to fix it, I have no clue :p

Let's see if any Atlanta people are still checking this thread every once in a while.

Has anyone watched TBS and some of the movies they have shown recently? While not in HD the quality is very good, and I've noticed it's in Dolby Digital. Anyone else notice this with Zoolander or Bridget Jones Diary recently?

I have a friend at Turner that I give feedback about TNT but he doesn't deal with TBS at all, but he's saying something about TBS going to HD eventually...

negreenfield said:
Let's see if any Atlanta people are still checking this thread every once in a while.

Has anyone watched TBS and some of the movies they have shown recently? While not in HD the quality is very good, and I've noticed it's in Dolby Digital. Anyone else notice this with Zoolander or Bridget Jones Diary recently?

I have a friend at Turner that I give feedback about TNT but he doesn't deal with TBS at all, but he's saying something about TBS going to HD eventually...
I know Comcast is supposed to air the Braves on TBS in HD on June 28th which would be on Comcast channel 755. I'm not sure how they plan on doing that unless TBS is transmitting the game via OTA in HD. If it is transmitting OTA than local Atlanta Voomers should get it. I have noticed the Quality of the movies on TBS to be very good recently. Only time will tell.

jtomshd said:
I know Comcast is supposed to air the Braves on TBS in HD on June 28th which would be on Comcast channel 755. I'm not sure how they plan on doing that unless TBS is transmitting the game via OTA in HD. If it is transmitting OTA than local Atlanta Voomers should get it. I have noticed the Quality of the movies on TBS to be very good recently. Only time will tell.
Hmm, I wonder if I should keep Comcast that long then to see what happens? i guess that's only 6 days so I will, but I want to get rid of the digital package and stay with the analog $14 a month package so the wife can get foodtv, etc...

Has anyone here had a problem with all locals locking up on one channel? I recently had all the locals displaying ABC. The roboot did nothing for me. CSR could do nothing other than scedule a service call for July 2.

Also, this will be the same guy that installed the system. I would not recommend him to anyone. Does anyone have contact information for a good installer in ATL?

Thanks,
Mike

mikiemike10 said:
Has anyone here had a problem with all locals locking up on one channel? I recently had all the locals displaying ABC. The roboot did nothing for me. CSR could do nothing other than scedule a service call for July 2.

Also, this will be the same guy that installed the system. I would not recommend him to anyone. Does anyone have contact information for a good installer in ATL?

Thanks,
Mike

I have had my STB "lock up" on occasion. I have not had the problem you are describing. A simple reboot of the STB took care of the problem.
The installer I used was Dish Connection. The guy was nice and did a great job. I receive all local stations with the exception of PAX and the spanish station which I have no desire for.

Thanks for the input. However, like I said the reboot did not help. I had a couple of lock ups the other night and the reboot cleared that.

Any advice?

I will probably try unplugging everything tonight and removing the 8VSB (or whatever) module and reseating it. That may initiate some sort of reset?

When i spoke to a CSR, she mentioned she had just heard of this happening to someone else but did not have a resolution.

My service call is not for another week!

Watching the Braves game in HD for local TBS! For some reason, the Comcast feed is incredibly pixelated, looks like absolute crap!!

Sweet for us though..

:cool:

negreenfield said:
Watching the Braves game in HD for local TBS! For some reason, the Comcast feed is incredibly pixelated, looks like absolute crap!!

Sweet for us though..

:cool:
I'm not at home is being broadcast OTA on the local TBS 17-1 in High Def?

jtomshd said:
I'm not at home is being broadcast OTA on the local TBS 17-1 in High Def?
yes, but i've been flipping around, it's on rain delay now so it was only when they were showing Pete and Don that it was in HD.

edit: I was wondering if it would be displayed on 17.2 or something, but yes it actually was being shown in HD on 17.1 and it looked damn good, the Comcast 755 was pixellated during Pete and Don and also during this rain delay, I have no idea what their problem is.

I know nothing about Comcast, but down south in Lizella (west of Macon) I was channel surfing my OTA's (had just left my sat. at around or just after midnight) and low and behold the Braves are in HD... WOW... couldn't believe the beauty of it... WOW... this just might get me reinterested in baseball... it was in the first half of the fifth, I watched the rest of the game and that's the most baseball I've watched in years... GO BRAVES... in HD... WOW...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)