Atlanta AT9 Install, who can do it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tsbrady1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Sugar Hill, Ga
I am tired of fooling with Ron's TV, another miised appointment, so I guess I need to find somebody else, does anybody know who can install the dish on my roof, has anybody used Robert at VE to do an Atlanta install? Any help would be appreciated. It is really getting difficult to do business with D*, they are becoming as bad as dealing with Charter cable!

Edit: 10:40 on 12/18, just talked to VE and they hooked me up with a local installer, IMO great people at VE!

Last edited:
tsbrady1 said:
It is really getting difficult to do business with D*, they are becoming as bad as dealing with Charter cable!

Keep in mind that it is the INSTALLER'S FAULT, not DirecTV's. For sure call and complain so that DirecTV can remove them from their list, but that's about all they can do to control what an installer does, or if they show up or not. Lay blame where it belongs, the installer.

:) I can do it, and I'd be happy to--but you'd have to cover the cost of the flights and I can't give you anything approaching the D* discount...

Sorry, I know how painful and frustrating this must be. I hope you find someone soon.

Happy Holidays,
Tom

I complained to D* and they could care less, offered me a $20 credit after I lost a day's worth of commissions which were a lot more than $20. $20 offer was an insult. Customer retention is a joke too, I have been with D* for over 7 years, my bill is over $100/mth which I pay on time, and I have never asked for or gotten an incentive, when I told them I was really upset and could get this same treatment from the local cable people they said fine, do you want to cancel? I am not an overbearing or belligerent individual, I conduct myself in a business like manner, perhaps if I screamed and cussed I may have gotten further but that is just not my way of doing things. I am really frustrated with D*, I should not have to work this hard to remain one of their customers. Yes I am being charged for the install but I value my time and sitting around waiting for the installer to not show up is costly also. It is D's fault that their installer can't honor a commitment, I am Paying D and D is making the arrangements, they need to assume the responsibility.

Last edited:
tsbrady1 said:
I complained to D* and they could care less, offered me a $20 credit after I lost a day's worth of commissions which were a lot more than $20. $20 offer was an insult. Customer retention is a joke too, I have been with D* for over 7 years, my bill is over $100/mth which I pay on time, and I have never asked for or gotten an incentive, when I told them I was really upset and could get this same treatment from the local cable people they said fine, do you want to cancel? I am not an overbearing or belligerent individual, I conduct myself in a business like manner, perhaps if I screamed and cussed I may have gotten further but that is just not my way of doing things. I am really frustrated with D*, I should not have to work this hard to remain one of their customers. Yes I am being charged for the install but I value my time and sitting around waiting for the installer to not show up is costly also. It is D's fault that their installer can't honor a commitment, I am Paying D and D is making the arrangements, they need to assume the responsibility.
I agree 100% with everything you said. DirecTV has turned into another cable company in terms of their customer service.

If it wasn't for NFL Sunday Ticket, there is NO WAY I'd still be with them. Now with the new 5 lnb dish ruining my cablemodem (can't diplex the line), and giving me absolutely 0 benefit (I live in the NYC area, I have HD locals already), I can't see why I would ever upgrade, having some idiot installer come and put more holes in my roof, or better yet, require me to put a pole in my yard and then somehow get a signal over trees that are 50-60 foot high.

DirecTV did not think this whole upgrade thing out very well. Charging people for the upgrade? You must be kidding.

Whom did Robert recommend? Ron's has canceled 3 times on me and I am set up for the 4th try this Thursday AM. If this does not work I will need a backup plan.

Actually I talked to Graham at VE, he said he had a good installer in Atl and he would set it up and get back to me today, so as of right now I do not know his name. I specifically asked him if they used Ron's and he said NO!!!!!!!!!

The only reason I am sticking with D is for Sunday Ticket & ESPN2HD, also I cannot get CBS HD where I live so I will miss the Bowl games and the Masters in HD.

you might try digital depot on Highway 92 in woodstock...I dont know if they do these new ones yet but I have used them twice in the past and they have always been fairly quick and have done a good job.

Thanks for the info, VE has already shipped the stuff for delivery today, so I will wait to see who they hook me up with to do the install

VE-would definitely recommend

Hi...haven't posted here much, but like to pitch in if can help in some way...

My original Dtv order went through Robert at VE and the customer service & helpful attitude was tremendous! He also set up the install, which turned out just fine. I initially switched from Dish Network and the installers (I understand they are independant contractors) were really poor. Robert really helped me understand the whole thing better, satellite locations, etc. Anyway, I went ahead and set it up...the equipment shipped ASAP and the installers he set-up called promptly for an appt. The guy showed on time and did a good, thorough job...probably could have used a partner though! It took awhile.

I wouldn't hesitate to go that route...I've had the occasion to call back there a couple of times and have found them to be extremely responsive!

Status
Please reply by conversation.