Atlanta HD LiLs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sbturner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
Georgia
Scott do you or anyone know if Atlanta's misplaced HD LiLs on 129 will be moved to 61.5 as part of Eastern Arc? It seems crazy to have HD LiLs in Texas on 61.5 and Atlanta on 129. I am wanting those Atlanta locals as I already have a dish for 61.5.

They are still available on 129, not sure if Dish will remove the CONUS ones on 129. Hopefully they will wait a whille because many subscribers don't have 61.5.

Scott do you or anyone know if Atlanta's misplaced HD LiLs on 129 will be moved to 61.5 as part of Eastern Arc? It seems crazy to have HD LiLs in Texas on 61.5 and Atlanta on 129. I am wanting those Atlanta locals as I already have a dish for 61.5.

Do you get a good strong signal off of 61.5 on the north side? I live in Peachtree City and would love to put up another dish for 61.5 if the strength is good. My 129 locals always go out with overhead rain...

Do you get a good strong signal off of 61.5 on the north side? I live in Peachtree City and would love to put up another dish for 61.5 if the strength is good. My 129 locals always go out with overhead rain...

Yes, 61.5 for me has nearly twice the signal strength of 129 - the 61.5 birds are good. I live near Roswell/Marietta border on south side of Sweat Mountain.

129 is a no go for most of the time from me.

We are getting off subject does anyone know. Also what satellite and transponder are the Atlanta SD locals on??

Right now the SD locals are on 110 Transponder 20 spotbeam 6. With the exception of PBS channel 8 which is on 119 transponder 7 spotbeam 14.

So would that mean that if I could get a strong enough signal with 110 Trans. 20 that I could receive those locals if I "moved"?

I so wish Dish would move the Atl local HD channels to 61.5, I have an antenna, but would rather pick everything up through the satellite. I can not pick up 129 at all...
Come on Dish...flip the switch!

Yes, but they are not available at this time.

I am so confused about this whole thing. Will the tens of thousands of metro Atlanta subscribers have to get new dishes or redirect their old ones to get 61.5, or will 129 still be available? Plus, I highly doubt I have a direct view of 61.5 with all the trees in our yard. I already have to have two dishes for 110/119 and 129.

The answer (again) is YES. I can't make it any clearer than that. YES. Ask the question in three other threads or forums and the answer will still be yes. :) That is the plan right now. The plan may change. Or we may be hit by an asteroid and this will all be moot (not mute). But as of now the answer is YES. :)

In eventually the Atlanta local HD channels will be moving to 61.5. There will be ample warning when it happens. There will be a lengthy overlap where the local HD will be available at both locations. It hasn't happened yet. But, the plan is to move Atlanta HD locals and activate Peachtree (WPCH) HD at 61.5. The RSNs will be moving there as well.

None of these channels are active over there yet, but if the plan they have now holds out, they will.

BTW, I highly doubt there are more than a couple thousand Atlanta Dish Network subscribers with HD locals at this point. That number is growing, but the number of people with HD receivers is a SMALL number compared to the total number of Dish subs. This only affect HD subscribers who want the HD channels via satellite.

See ya
Tony

The answer (again) is YES. I can't make it any clearer than that. YES. Ask the question in three other threads or forums and the answer will still be yes. :) That is the plan right now. The plan may change. Or we may be hit by an asteroid and this will all be moot (not mute). But as of now the answer is YES. :)

In eventually the Atlanta local HD channels will be moving to 61.5. There will be ample warning when it happens. There will be a lengthy overlap where the local HD will be available at both locations. It hasn't happened yet. But, the plan is to move Atlanta HD locals and activate Peachtree (WPCH) HD at 61.5. The RSNs will be moving there as well.

None of these channels are active over there yet, but if the plan they have now holds out, they will.

BTW, I highly doubt there are more than a couple thousand Atlanta Dish Network subscribers with HD locals at this point. That number is growing, but the number of people with HD receivers is a SMALL number compared to the total number of Dish subs. This only affect HD subscribers who want the HD channels via satellite.

See ya
Tony

Thanks for your responses. Never hurts to get a second opinion on here, though...

This concerns me greatly because when I look at 61.5 I see nothing but a forest of trees. As it stands now it took three Dish installers just to find an open spot between tree branches to place the separate dish for 129.

Seems like that Dish might want to utilize All American and vice versa to support HD to both sets of customers.
Since All American utilizes Atlanta and SF to serve RV customers-- etc --

Probably would open up the sticky legal issues even more.-- but Dish seems to like the court systems.

Your look-angle from Atlanta to 61.5° is at 44°. That is a really steep angle. If a tree is 40 feet tall you need to be abotu 42 feet away from it to clear it assuming the dish is at the same level as the base of the tree. The dish will look like its pointing at the tree, but it will be looking well over the tree.

The Azimouth is 145°. (180=due south, 90=Due east) So this is just south of South east in Atlanta (I used 30303 as the zip).

Good luck!

This concerns me because my father-in-law "moved" to Atlanta to get their HD locals. He currently has a 129 setup. He lives in Ozark, AL, near Dothan. Will he fall under the 61.5 spotbeam? If so, he will need to get a 61.5 dish installed. He would have to do it himself since his service address is not where he is living. What dishes, lnb's, switches etc would he need?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)