Atlanta Local channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lowe41

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Hello,

I am curious to know if anyone living in the Altlanta metro area is having PQ issues with WSB (ABC affiliate). For a week or so now, the picture has looked really grainy, staticy, flickering, or just plain bad. Almost as if the refresh rate is wrong on a computer monitor. Their newscast PQ and weather in HD has been going dowhill lately, which is sad because it used to a real great picture. Now, the basketball game on this afternoon looks absolutely awful especially when the shot is further away. Even the commercials look the same. Every other HD channel I have looks great, including locals. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it, I just wanted to know if I was the only one experiencing this. My signal strength is good on 103 (its 72). I have an H20 with an recently added AU-9 dish and I get my locals from the dish, not OTA. I have a 60 in Sony RP-LCD that is great on every other channel.
If I remember correctly, all the HD from ABC would come through my local afilliate.

Any information is greatly appreciated

lowe41

I live south of Atlanta and you're not along with the problem with WSB. It's bad and seems to get worse each day. Directv couldn't answer any of my question about WSB or the audio drops I'm having HD DD5.1 programs. They are changing my H20-600 receiver out next week. Maybe I can get some answer from the tech guy then about WSB.

Thanks, I have emailed them several times with no reply. I have a H20 600 as well, let em know if you get a change. I am pretty sure that this is a problem locally with WSB. There newscast looks absolutely horrible! The weather in HD was really cool looking when it first started, I don't know what happenned. It is not watchable now when it used to look so good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts