Atlanta multi-LNB dish question - 119?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

noremac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Wash, DC
Hi - I'm here gathering info for my parents in Atlanta. They currently have the original single-LNB dish pointing at the 101 orbit and are considering upgrading to full HD capability.

What multi-dish version (3 LNB, 5 LNB ??) will they need to receive all the latest HD channels, including the Atlanta LIL's? Does the Atlanta market need to see the 119 orbit? Since they live around lots of trees, I'm concerned that getting a clear view of 119 might be a challenge.

THanks!

Hi - I'm here gathering info for my parents in Atlanta. They currently have the original single-LNB dish pointing at the 101 orbit and are considering upgrading to full HD capability.

What multi-dish version (3 LNB, 5 LNB ??) will they need to receive all the latest HD channels, including the Atlanta LIL's? Does the Atlanta market need to see the 119 orbit? Since they live around lots of trees, I'm concerned that getting a clear view of 119 might be a challenge.

THanks!

For HD, there is only one answer...the 5LNB dish. If the tech can't get all 5 orbital slots, he won't install the system.

THanks!
Unless you want some of the international channels that are on 119 then all you need now is 99, 101 and 103, that's it. There's are new Slimline3 dish, see DBSTalk First Look: Slimline3 ODU - DBSTalk.Com that only looks at 99, 101 and 103. The issue is I don't know if they're generally available yet, you might want to tell them to note on the work order that it must be one of these or forget it until they can get them.

Thanks for the answers! I was also trying to look up what is on 119 that isn't also on 99, and didn't see anything except out-of-market LIL's and internationals. The few HD channels on 119 seem to be duplicated on 99. It would be a shame if an installer wouldn't complete the job if 119 can't be seen. :confused:

Thanks for the answers! I was also trying to look up what is on 119 that isn't also on 99, and didn't see anything except out-of-market LIL's and internationals. The few HD channels on 119 seem to be duplicated on 99. It would be a shame if an installer wouldn't complete the job if 119 can't be seen. :confused:

Let me ask you this... Let's say the installer installs the system without a signal from the 119, and you even sign the work order approving/accepting that. In two or three weeks, you call back because you're not getting a single channel that you're supposed to have because it's now on the 119. You call D* and say you're not receiving the programming you pay for. Care to guess what happens next? The installer must come back out, without pay, to try to get you a signal from the 119.

Let me ask you this... Let's say the installer installs the system without a signal from the 119, and you even sign the work order approving/accepting that. In two or three weeks, you call back because you're not getting a single channel that you're supposed to have because it's now on the 119. You call D* and say you're not receiving the programming you pay for. Care to guess what happens next? The installer must come back out, without pay, to try to get you a signal from the 119.
And that's why I told him to get the Slimline 3 or not to do the install since IIRC you need 119 for the guide data if you're tuned to 99 or 103, the Slimline3 removes that requirement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)