Atlantic Bird 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
[that dish is bigger than 18"
/QUOTE]

The dish is an old Dtv 18 x 20 oval. it works fairly well. I am looking to replace it with a D* 500 or 1000. As soon as I find a supplier that will sell me just the dish with out the LNB I'll buy it.

I have a large dish with a tripod that I also use. I am in an HOA home and I have to bring the large dish in and out of the garage when I use it. I don't want to leave the large dish out over night. Also I am disappointed in the performance of the large dish. That a whole new thread.

[Just something I might be able to pull off on the lake Michigan shoreline , BTW I really do like using my magnetic angle finder on the LNBs holder arm , later if I wish to duplicate results I just make sure to calibrate everything using the same angle and bam I'm right on target. /QUOTE]
The STB and TV are powered by my camper; I have a small Roadtrek 170 which is a Chevy 250 express van, which has electricity. You can buy a 12vdc to 110 ac inverter and run the your setup off your car battery. It very easy to do. Thanks for the tip on the elevation and inclinometer, I did have to but the old inclinometer on the back of the dish to adjust for the correct angle. The markings on the dish leave a lot to be desired.

I am thinking out a mechanical type of elevation control that I might make up next week and try. My idea would work better on a 500 dish so I am going to see if I can get one fairly fast.

New topic, on Atlantic Bird 2, after looking at the two TV stations and seeing that they are listed lyngsat, I got to wondering who was their audience in the USA???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)