Atlantic Satellites (0 to 61 degrees)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The satellite positions appear to the dish to be closer together near the ends of the arc and the resolution of the motor makes precise landing more difficult. As the look angle nears the horizon terrestrial noise increases and clouds stack up and attenuate. Precise aiming is often required to pull these signals out of the noise.

Motors are typically designed to cover +/- 70 degrees from true South. Beyond these operational points, motors do not always correctly track the arc due to mechanical variances and installation issues.

I have always preferred a fixed dish for working satellites near the horizon as they provide more reliable reception.

interesting....i have never had any problems near the ends of the arc....

I Live in New York City and I am able to get all down to 15 degree (Telstar12) Was trying to get 2 and 1/2 degree down to Atlantic Bird but got nothing but noise.Not because we can't - Just because there is a big building on the path.Atlantic Bird is accesable in East cost for sure.You need to be just in right spot.

The satellite positions appear to the dish to be closer together near the ends of the arc and the resolution of the motor makes precise landing more difficult. As the look angle nears the horizon terrestrial noise increases and clouds stack up and attenuate. Precise aiming is often required to pull these signals out of the noise.

Motors are typically designed to cover +/- 70 degrees from true South. Beyond these operational points, motors do not always correctly track the arc due to mechanical variances and installation issues.

I have always preferred a fixed dish for working satellites near the horizon as they provide more reliable reception.

Well said Brian.

thanks

interesting....i have never had any problems near the ends of the arc....

Mikey that is wonderful.
Which of these sats do you receive with your dish that you have never had any problems.
12.5 W Atlantic Bird 1
15.0 W Telstar 12
18.0 W Intelsat 901
20.0 W NSS 5
22.0 W NSS 7
24.5 W Intelsat 905
27.5 W Intelsat 907
30.0 W Hispasat 1C
30.0 W Hispasat 1D
30.0 W Hispasat 1E
34.5 W Intelsat 903
37.5 W NSS 10
37.5 W Telstar 11N
40.5 W NSS 806
43.1 W Intelsat 11
45.0 W Intelsat 14
50.0 W Intelsat 1R
53.0 W Intelsat 707
55.5 W Intelsat 805
58.0 W Intelsat 9
58.0 W Intelsat 16
61.0 W Amazonas 1
61.0 W Amazonas 2
And how about the Western side of the arc?

Mikey that is wonderful.
Which of these sats do you receive with your dish that you have never had any problems.
12.5 W Atlantic Bird 1
15.0 W Telstar 12
18.0 W Intelsat 901
20.0 W NSS 5
22.0 W NSS 7
24.5 W Intelsat 905
27.5 W Intelsat 907
30.0 W Hispasat 1C
30.0 W Hispasat 1D
30.0 W Hispasat 1E
34.5 W Intelsat 903
37.5 W NSS 10
37.5 W Telstar 11N
40.5 W NSS 806
43.1 W Intelsat 11
45.0 W Intelsat 14
50.0 W Intelsat 1R
53.0 W Intelsat 707
55.5 W Intelsat 805
58.0 W Intelsat 9
58.0 W Intelsat 16
61.0 W Amazonas 1
61.0 W Amazonas 2
And how about the Western side of the arc?

currently i get 15w 30w and 61w....i am sure i have had more in the past but honestly cant remember....i dont think i have really tried very hard to get any of the others because i didnt think there was anything worth while on them (to me)....i only have ku-band

I have the atlantic satellites in toronto canada 15 west 27.5 west 30 west 43.5 west 55.5 west 58 west 61 west 43.5 west no to many fta open the 27.5 same channels the quality to low the rest good

Anything on 22.0 W NSS 7 now? I could get some stuff (I think I had The Pentagon Channel) last summer before resetting my receiver, might still be a good one to try.

yes 22 w did have same spanish and brazilian channels and cnn international but only covers part of usa and ontario canada only part.The signal for me in toronto on the 8ft dish and vantage vt1 the cuality to low but on the 10ft no problems

How many of the Atlantic satellites (0 to 61 degrees) can be received in Pennsylvania?
Anybody still interested in this thread? I just realigned my dish today and have again snagged Telstar 12 at 15W really well: MSNBC is 85%. I want to know if anybody has ever received Atlantic Bird 1 at 12.5W. I think it is impossible not due to elevation here (18 degrees) but since there are no active transponders aimed at North America.

Anybody still interested in this thread? I just realigned my dish today and have again snagged Telstar 12 at 15W really well: MSNBC is 85%. I want to know if anybody has ever received Atlantic Bird 1 at 12.5W. I think it is impossible not due to elevation here (18 degrees) but since there are no active transponders aimed at North America.

I remember a topic not too long ago where someone said there is one Portugese channel active but you need a universal LNB to get it.

Is MSNBC still on the same transponder 11709?

Viewing TPAI now on 11963 H 14714 with 50%. This station is from Angola but it uses the Portuguese language. Yes, MSNBC is still on 11709 V 3195. Lyngsat is quite accurate for this satellite.

Viewing TPAI now on 11963 H 14714 with 50%. This station is from Angola but it uses the Portuguese language. Yes, MSNBC is still on 11709 V 3195. Lyngsat is quite accurate for this satellite.

TPAI is on 15w right? I meant there is one on 12.5w still active somewhere below 11700. Lyngsat lists two channels clear on 12.5w but if I recall right only the Record International is still there.

From the South Wales, UK obviously beam would are different my limit is 45W I can receive 58W when there was broadcasts there.

My Current Arc is 45W-45E Thor 1w is almost my true south, there are others further east but next doors wall blocks signal.

From the South Wales, UK obviously beam would are different my limit is 45W I can receive 58W when there was broadcasts there.

My Current Arc is 45W-45E Thor 1w is almost my true south, there are others further east but next doors wall blocks signal.
Very interesting. I've not communicated with anybody in your area. I'm looking for an active transponder that would hit eastern North America from Atlantic Bird at 12.5W.

TPAI is on 15w right? I meant there is one on 12.5w still active somewhere below 11700. Lyngsat lists two channels clear on 12.5w but if I recall right only the Record International is still there.
OK, I misunderstood. On 12.5W there is supposed to be Brazilian stations Record International and TV Sul Bahia beamed at North & South America. I just checked and I see nothing here. By the way, I have a universal LNB so I can check any of these frequencies.

Can you blind scan I believe the transponders targeting the Americas on 12.5W are located within 11450-11700.

10950-11200 is always active carrying feeds over Europe.

I just finished a complete blind scan but without an active transponder so I can centre my dish, I'm guessing where to point it. I use USALS and then shift a little west. But it's really guessing.

I always use Diseqc 1.2 than USALS always found it easier, but now I have easy access to spectrum analyser which I can see transponders appearing and disappearing as I step in and out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Winegard DS2076 Problems

4K over satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)