ATN and ACN on AMC4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ShaneLinder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Texas
These are seperate uplinks from Hope TV and Esparanza, aren't they?

I know these are owned by the Adventist church which also owns Hope and Esperanza but the programming is often exactly the same.

Couldn't some other programing like nature/music videos or something be ran on these channels? Just wondering because I know so little about this stuff.

So when they have special events, that would result in a poor picture quality for their other channels, right?

No, I have watched the special events before on ACN and the picture quailty is normal.... I watched the last one Doug Batchelor did and had great reception. :)

The broadcast of multiple languages (audio sources) during special church events are the reason that these "Channels" exist. These "Channels" are actually one video source (Esperanza TV) with three stereo audio sources.

If you would look at the information screen on your receiver of these "Channels" (or PID groups) you would note that all three have the same video PID with different audio PIDs. This is an legacy issue that goes back many years with supporting receivers that were not capable of tuning multiple audio descriptors associated with a single video PID. All current models of DVBS receivers that I am aware of now have the ability to select from a list of audio selections usually used for selection of languages.

Rescan 11983 you will see that in the past few days we have been working with the ACN engineers to broadcast the additional language selections as language descriptors on a single channel rather than having three channels that broadcast the same video PID and different audio PIDS.

Broadcasting the additional languages during these Net Series or other special events does not use appreciable bandwidth as the bandwidth is already assigned to those audio PIDs and there is a VO announcing the purpose of the audio service or mirroring Esperanza TV audio source.

The separate virtual channels will continue to exist to support legacy equipment, but the preprogrammed channel lists in next generation receivers distributed for Glorystar , Loma Linda Broadcasting Network, Esperanza and Hope Channel will not be preprogrammed for the duplicate channels, but rather instructions will be provided for the viewer to select from the audio selection button on the remote for the appropriate langage selection on the Esperanza Channel.

Ok, when I am on the ACN channels and try to push the audio button on my Fortec NA receiver, nothing changes. I always get the voice over that says this is an alternate language channel. Sometimes there are nature videos on ACN but all I hear is the voice over. So how do we get the audio that goes along with the video. Another example is Esperanza has on a Spanish speaking show and ACN has a show with a different video stream but no matching audio. How do we get the matching audio?

The video on ATN/ACN Service 1 and ACN Service 2 is always identical to Esperanza TV. If your receiver is displaying different video on these channels, something did not scan correctly!

Esperanza TV, ATN/ACN Service 1 and ATN Service 2 all share the same video. The audio available is listed below.....

Esperanza TV:
Language selection 1: Spanish
Language selection 2: ATN/ ACN Service 1 Left and Right
Language selection 3: ATN/ ACN Service 2 Left and Right

ATN/ ACN Service 1:
Left and Right

ATN/ ACN Service 2:
Left and Right

No other audio is currently available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts