ATSC Time Signal Wrong

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JohninSD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
San Diego
I have 3 OTA ATSC receivers, one a Sonicview 8000HD and two Sansonic SD converter boxes. I noticed last night that my PVR on the Sonicview started a recording well before the time it was set to start. Further investigation suggests that the OTA stations are not all transmitting the correct time. KSWB is about 40 minutes fast, KPBS is about right, and the other local stations vary plus or minus a minute or 2. The Mexican stations seem to have almost random times showing. This pretty much screws up recording things on the PVR unless I set it to "Manual" for the time setting and set it to start recording a few minutes before the listed time for the program and set it to stop a few minutes after the listed stop time, just like I used to do with a VCR. Is this a common problem with OTA or is it some local weirdness?

thanks,
John

PS: I should be clear that this is not unique to one receiver - all 3 of mine show the same (wrong) times.

I think it is a fairly common issue where local stations time is off by a few minutes (I think there is a thread at AVS forums), Before the DTV switch a few of the LA stations were off by a few minutes. I just checked and now they are all within about 2 seconds.

Common problem, depending on the station. You should manually set the recording times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts