ATT/Dish Network - Naked DSL

p0seidon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Has anyone tried to bundle the "naked' dsl with Dish Network through ATT?

I believe naked dsl is called "Direct (express) DSL" in St. Louis.

Last time I looked into it, they charged an extra $4 over the regular prices to get "naked" DSL.

from ATT.com

AT&T High Speed Internet Direct - No Voice Line Plans

AT&T High Speed Internet Direct Pro

speed_faster.png

34_00_w_asterisk.gif
Ideal for watching streaming video and TV
  • Downstream speed up to 3.0 Mbps—up to 50x faster than dial-up
  • No term commitment required

Here's what Im paying
Telephone-Total Plans and Services 23.06
DSL - Total Itemized Charges and Credits 30.00

so it looks like Im paying 53.06 for DSL/Telephone. I dont use the telephone. and my Dishnetwork box uses broadband for updating.

I figured naked dsl at 34.00 would save me about 15 bucks.

Now if I can bundle it and save a couple of bucks on top of that, is what my question originally was.

i like that AT&T is now telling people that you get DSL without the phone line......about a month ago, I called to ask about it and they acted like i didn't know what i was talkin about

i swear they do..........i told the CSR i wanted DSL without a phone line, he kept telling me that I HAD to have a phone for DSL, then i hung up on him

heh this is why Im hesitant on calling them at this time, I dont want to spend a long time getting no where due to the CSR not knowing anything, even though its on the website clearly now.

from ATT.com

AT&T High Speed Internet Direct - No Voice Line Plans

AT&T High Speed Internet Direct Pro

speed_faster.png

34_00_w_asterisk.gif
Ideal for watching streaming video and TV
  • Downstream speed up to 3.0 Mbps—up to 50x faster than dial-up
  • No term commitment required

Here's what Im paying
Telephone-Total Plans and Services 23.06
DSL - Total Itemized Charges and Credits 30.00

so it looks like Im paying 53.06 for DSL/Telephone. I dont use the telephone. and my Dishnetwork box uses broadband for updating.

I figured naked dsl at 34.00 would save me about 15 bucks.

Now if I can bundle it and save a couple of bucks on top of that, is what my question originally was.

Wow! Thank you for the heads up. Just gave AT&T a call. They're shipping my wireless modem. Everything should be activated next week. This saves me about $10/month over Time Warners Road Runner. The Elite package is advertised to be just a smidgen slower than what I'm getting now (6.0 versus 6.5 - 6.8).

I switched to the Naked DSL about 2 months ago - The process to switch over was awful. Took about 3 weeks for it to work. Evidently, as soon as I called it, they shut my service off. After numerous phone calls and hours on the phone, we figured out the problem. Evidently I was using a copper line for the previous phone line/DSL. When I switched to the Naked DSL, I was jumped over to a different line, but the switch didn't happen at the "station".

Dreadful - But now, it works fine.

i swear they do..........i told the CSR i wanted DSL without a phone line, he kept telling me that I HAD to have a phone for DSL, then i hung up on him

Not to get into semantics, but you do need a phone line (wire), just not phone service. Could it be that you misunderstood each other?

I have had "naked DSL" from ATT for about two months. The field tech refered to it as
" dry loop dsl." Try that term and maybe it will help.

I spent 2 hours last week trying to get this done and they wouldn't let do it without phone service even after I pointed it out on the website. I finally gave up and turned it all off and switched to Cox internet. My phone and dsl had gone up to 73.00 a month and I was lucky if the phone was used once a week. I get the same speed from Cox for 30.00 a month and no commitment or special pricing. The 722 connected immediately to my network and I get AMC HD, NFL ND and MHD in the clear thru my Sony HD dvr's qam tuner. Whats funny is the phone service was off the next morning but my dsl service was active for 3 days before it shut down.

Well, just called ATT today.

The CSR knew exactly what I meant by switching to Dry Loop DSL. She had me swapped over billing wise in a matter of 3 minutes.

She said the transition will be seamless that I will not even notice the switch over when they come out to switch the line next week.

oh she said I could bundle it all as well, not sure what kind of bundle discount it will be.

Naked Dsl

I have verizon naked dsl and have for about 2 years now. One HUGE advantage over cable at roughly the same download speeds is that the upload speed - compared to alot of cable services, Charter for example, is double that of cable. This is great for uploading data, pics, etc. and the price is usually comparable or cheaper for the same level of "cable" provided speed that is advertised. my speeds are 3.0 down 768 up - and speed test very close to that in the real world! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)