ATT& Dish

wolfjc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Cincinnati
Just found this:

NEW YORK, Sept 23 (Reuters) - U.S. satellite TV provider DISH Network Corp (DISH.O: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) agreed to extend its joint marketing partnership with AT&T Inc (T.N: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) by one month through to Jan 31 2009, according to a regulatory filing on Tuesday.

AT&T said in July that it would end the five-year marketing partnership with DISH by the end of the year. AT&T had said in April that it would end a similar partnership with DirecTV Group (DTV.O: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz), the largest U.S. satellite provider.

Both satellite operators are expected to bid for an exclusive marketing partnership with AT&T to sell joint packages of satellite TV, phone and high speed Internet access.

The partnerships have been important for both the satellite companies and AT&T in competing against the so-called 'Triple Play' offers from cable operators like Comcast Corp (CMCSA.O: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) and Time Warner Cable Inc (TWC.N: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz). (Reporting by Yinka Adegoke, editing by Leslie Gevirtz)

Yep. But not everywhere, and it really isn't very good.

If you want to record a couple of HD shows while watching a third, you'd better have a satco or Fios. Maybe some cablecos support that too.

I Just read on the Multichannel News site that AT&T has decided to partner with Direct TV starting Feb 1, 2009. For those of us that currently go through AT&T for our dish service how does this affect us? Will Dish have to come out and give us new boxes etc?

First I hope direct does better for them then we did..even though they used our equipment their service was worse, partially due to the lack of 24hr tech support..
I have no worries we will be here for long time...

This does not come as a surprise I hope.
D* offers a lot more than E* in term of programming, have less problems with programmers. I have been a customer with E* for over 12 years, and I will drop them "soon", for the simple reason of not being able to get HD only. Probably the D* does not offer HD only, but I just had it with E*. Voom, golTV etc...that did it.
Goodbye Charlie,I hope you lose Billions come Monday when the stock market opens with the ATT news.

I Just read on the Multichannel News site that AT&T has decided to partner with Direct TV starting Feb 1, 2009. For those of us that currently go through AT&T for our dish service how does this affect us? Will Dish have to come out and give us new boxes etc?

D* offers a lot more than E* in term of programming, have less problems with programmers. I have been a customer with E* for over 12 years, and I will drop them "soon", for the simple reason of not being able to get HD only. Probably the D* does not offer HD only, but I just had it with E*. Voom, golTV etc...that did it.
Goodbye Charlie,I hope you lose Billions come Monday when the stock market opens with the ATT news.
Buh-Bye!!

A little over the top, aren't we??

Doesn't Dish offer an all HD package?

I used to like Chevy...then switched to Ford. Does that mean I can also hope GM will "lose billions" due to my personal preferences? I definitely have to question your choice(s) for hatred.

AT & T Longest I like and going to get…do have dish now…but soon as my contract is over going to get AT& T..
AT & T u can record four shows and plus u can watch any shows or record any shows in any rooms & watch it in one DVR?/??? YESSS. NO MORE those stupid extra boxes & DVRS in each rooms and recording problem watching shows an all... because ONLY SD one tv and HD another TV just B.S!!!! AT & T looks real GOOD & cant wait! I pay $7 for each boxes used to be $6.00 6 months ago when i got dish, and cant get 2 DVRS because I have to buy another HD box for $300 what the B.S..longes I know bye bye dish soon! and they getting more expensive too every few months too , I have 250CH/ GOLD HD pack with 2 EXtra boxes.... paying $96 amonth ;LOL

Last edited:
AT & T Longest I like and going to get…do have dish now…but soon as my contract is over going to get AT& T..
AT & T u can record four shows and plus u can watch any shows or record any shows in any rooms & watch it in one DVR?/??? YESSS. NO MORE those stupid extra boxes & DVRS in each rooms and recording problem watching shows an all... because ONLY SD one tv and HD another TV just B.S!!!! AT & T looks real GOOD & cant wait! I pay $7 for each boxes used to be $6.00 6 months ago when i got dish, and cant get 2 DVRS because I have to buy another HD box for $300 what the B.S..longes I know bye bye dish soon! and they getting more expensive too every few months too , I have 250CH/ GOLD HD pack with 2 EXtra boxes.... paying $96 amonth ;LOL

You need to realize there are pro and cons to any service.

U-verse is bound to have features or limits that some people don't like either.

I'm not saying you shouldn't change. Heck, when U-verse gets to my area, you better believe I'm going to check it out.

Do you have any idea how many U-verse subscribers I have switched back to Dish while they were still in their 30 day trial period?

It is not everything they lead you to believe. At least not yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts