ATT& Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Will we start paying Dish direct?

In my area, DirecTV doesn't offer locals, let alone Local HD. Rumor is that Dish will offer locals later this year.

I do OTA, but only one channel at a time, and a couple distant stations are weak.

I wonder if Dish might extend the slight discount ($4-10/mo?) AT&T customers receive in a effort to keep customers from switching to DirecTV?

I wonder if Dish might extend the slight discount ($4-10/mo?) AT&T customers receive in a effort to keep customers from switching to DirecTV?

I don't believe at the end of the agreement ATT will switch everyone. Things will continue as before. There will just be no new ATT customers.

I remember someone posting a sat showing that while AT&T had signed up a good number of subs in Q1 this year, they had only signed up like 3,000 in Q2 while they focused on U-verse. Is this true? If so, I don't think this is as big of deal as it is being made out to be. Since the roll out of u-verse, I've scarcely seen AT&T trying to market Dish. I doubt DirecTV will see better marketing.

But in line with the thought, how about Dish tries to partner with Vonage to offer a discount? That would give them 2 out of 3 services, plus the discount. Unfortunaltey, I don't think there are any large, standalone ISPs for the residential market available to offer the full bundle (given satellite internet being incompatable with Vonage and too expensive anyway).

AT & T Longest I like and going to get…do have dish now…but soon as my contract is over going to get AT& T..
AT & T u can record four shows and plus u can watch any shows or record any shows in any rooms & watch it in one DVR?/??? YESSS. NO MORE those stupid extra boxes & DVRS in each rooms and recording problem watching shows an all... because ONLY SD one tv and HD another TV just B.S!!!! AT & T looks real GOOD & cant wait! I pay $7 for each boxes used to be $6.00 6 months ago when i got dish, and cant get 2 DVRS because I have to buy another HD box for $300 what the B.S..longes I know bye bye dish soon! and they getting more expensive too every few months too , I have 250CH/ GOLD HD pack with 2 EXtra boxes.... paying $96 amonth ;LOL

But you still have to have a box in every room at $5 a month.

Don't get your hopes, U-Verse was two blocks away from me in May 2005 and they still have made it to me yet.

To AT&T's credit, U-verse is a hell of a lot better of a deal than Comcast is out here. You can get a fairly tricked out setup (4 TVs, DVR, 200 channels, 10mb/sec internet and phone service) for what comcast wants for a DVR on one TV, the rest on oldschool cable, 8mbps internet, and phone service.

Benefits of Dish:
DVR can drive 2 TVs, even if second only SD. In my case, that is OK, and being able to watch recorded shows on either TV is a benefit.
Locals via Dish, DTV doesn't offer it here.

I don't watch NFL, so the lack of the NFL package isn't an issue for me.

So I guess I'll be staying with Dish right now. Out of the 18 month contract now, so I COULD change.

AT&T Still Marketing Dish

I participated in an on-line AT&T survey today, being a DSL and Land Line customer. Contrary to the recent news, here is a portion of what was in the survey.

New Promotional Concept - New Dell Inspiron Mini 9" notebook computer for $249 with purchase

AT&T is considering a new promotional offer that would include a $200 discount on a new Dell Inspiron Mini 9" notebook computer with the purchase of the following special bundle of services:

* New AT&T High Speed Internet Pro 3.0 mbps Internet service or higher ($30 per month)
* AT&T Nation 450 wireless calling plan with 450 anytime minutes and unlimited rollover ($39.99 per month)
* AT&T DISH Network Digital Advantage package which includes DVR service and more than 100 digital channels, including locals, for $39.99 per month

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts