ATT to buy T-Mobile

I'm surprised this hasn't happened a few years ago with T-Mobile. The real move would be Sprint but while several analysts have predicted they are on the short path to self destruct, I think they will sell off assets before being bought up. What I think is more important to AT&T is the influx of customers from buying T-Mobile. They need to make up for the loss of exclusivity on the iphone.

I figured this acquisition was inevitable, but I didn't expect it for a few more years.

I thought it was determined that AT&T lost a lot fewer customers over the Verizon iPhone deal than expected. To which many doom sayers promptly switched to saying "it'll happen when the next version of the iPhone is released for Verizon."

What's haller's take on this? :eek::D

168646014_214cdc5ac4.jpg

Crap,I have cell phone coverage & 4G Laptop stick on 2 separate bills with T-Mobile,& I have high speed DSL with AT&T. I wonder how AT&T will combine all of that together?

I already have a 5 GB data cap on my laptop stick alone with T-Mobile,so that would seem like an upgrade.

Yes roy but with T-Mobile they are not going to charge you overages for going over. They will simply throttle your speed. ATT will rob you blind with their nickel and dimeing..

Att will rule.america wirelee system. It would not surprise me that Att will buy out direct tv next. Rumors in the past had dish in their radar.

Will Att get so large that they will pick our leaders?

Yeah makes sense since their both GSM and Verizon and Sprint both being CDMA that would really cut it down to just 2..

But this will not help AT&T much their still behind Sprint and Verizon both when it comes to 4G and putting up new technology AT&T has always been slow and always will be. Their plans are not as good so if Sprint and Verizon were to team up it would by far put them in the lead not only in subscriber base but way ahead in technology as well.. T-Mobile has not done well and there been talk for the last week or two that Sprint or someone was looking at buying them out... Either way Sprint and Verizon are the way too go their customer service is better and their overall plans are better Sprint too me as the best plans out there. I think AT&T is doing this to try to meet some of their goals so they buy up another company to get coverage in areas that have not had before and new marketing ads to say they have 4G now which some of that will be T-Mobiles hardware. So basically they get T-Mobile they will be able to makes some claims about how they can offer 4G so forth but it still does not change anything in that it's still AT&T and that they have to buy into someone else to meet their goals because their to slow to do it on their own like their competitors..

http://www.phonearena.com/news/AT-T...est-carrier-if-the-deal-gets-approved_id17556

Last edited:
Yes roy but with T-Mobile they are not going to charge you overages for going over. They will simply throttle your speed. ATT will rob you blind with their nickel and dimeing..

This may seem like "being so smart,I outsmart myself," but even though I have DSL with AT&T,I also kept my broadband internet with Charter/Cobridge/Knology/whoeverthehecktheyarethismonth. I have my PC's & Mac connected to AT&T DSL(along with my DIRECTV receivers),& I have my Roku Boxes,Sky Angel Boxes,Apple TV,Blockbuster Box,& Vonage connected to the above mentioned conglomeration. So,unless the above mentioned conglomeration also decide they want to introduce data caps,I should be good with bypassing AT&T's data caps.

This may seem like "being so smart,I outsmart myself," but even though I have DSL with AT&T,I also kept my broadband internet with Charter/Cobridge/Knology/whoeverthehecktheyarethismonth. I have my PC's & Mac connected to AT&T DSL(along with my DIRECTV receivers),& I have my Roku Boxes,Sky Angel Boxes,Apple TV,Blockbuster Box,& Vonage connected to the above mentioned conglomeration. So,unless the above mentioned conglomeration also decide they want to introduce data caps,I should be good with bypassing AT&T's data caps.

Even though this is all about ISP's and we are in the PHONE threads.......

Charter started data caps at the end of 2010

Charter Follows Comcast With Broadband Usage Caps
from DSL Reports and GigaOM

Here’s what Charter customers can expect:

* Subscribers to its Lite and Express services will be capped at 100GB of bandwidth per month.
* Subscribers to the Plus and Max services will be capped at 250 GB per month.
* Subscribers to its Ultra60 service will be capped at 500 GB per month (previously the Utra60 tier was unlimited)
* Charter will not charge overage fees for those who exceed the caps, but their account may be suspended

(Charter actually first included caps in its acceptable usage policy in February 2009). However, demand for broadband is increasing every week as folks use more online applications and consumer video from the web. For example, streaming a movie on Netflix uses about 1 GB per hour, so that equates to about 100 hours of Netflix streaming video each month. Services such as Netflix and Hulu Plus that involve high-quality video streams are only becoming more popular and pervasive as more consumers connect their televisions to the web. We made this argument back in 2008 when Comcast implemented its 250 GB per month cap and continue to believe that such caps could act as a threat to innovation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)