ATT uverse installation.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Aldorion

Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
El Paso, Tx.
Hello. My parents just had ATT uverse installed at their home. 5 tvs (4HD 1SD), wireless internet and phone. The internet and the phone work great, just problems with the tv's. I noticed that the att techs left the previous wiring that was from TWC. All but one of the cables are old by the way. If I'm not mistakened, TWC uses copper clad wiring, not pure copper like satallite. I'm planning on purchasing a large reel of RG6 and replacing all the wire and cleaning up the install myself. My main question is, is an Att uverse installation supposed to be done with a copper clad or a pure copper RG6 cable? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I honestly don't think it would really make a difference. Are they experiencing problems?

If you are going to be pulling new coax, why not pull some cat5 too and do a cat5 uverse install and elminate the coax completely?

I would have AT&T come back and rewire it on their dime. They are not supposed to reuse wire. And since your parents are having problems with their television service which is the heart of UVERSE then AT&T needs to get their butt back there and fix it.

Att

I would have AT&T come back and rewire it on their dime. They are not supposed to reuse wire. And since your parents are having problems with their television service which is the heart of UVERSE then AT&T needs to get their butt back there and fix it.

Well said Scott.

Att has fixed over 6 issues ive had with them.

Speak to a manager and they will rectify the issue.

They have been very good in the customer service area.

Thank you all for the advice. I'm really interested in that Cat5 idea SatinKzo. I'll give them a call for my parents and tell them the issues with the initial install. Maybe they'll get all that cable replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts