Attach Rotor to Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LEsmoothj

Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
I just purchased a Viewsat universal satellite package. It contains a Fortec Star 30" dish. Two dual LNBFs (model:CS-LNBL-LO10.75, model:CS-LNBC- LO11.25). A DiSecq switch. A Stab hh90 rotor. And a VS2000 receiver.

The rotor has a coax jack for "Receiver" and "LNB". The receiver has coax jacks for "LNB IN" "IF OUT" "Ant IN" and "TV OUT". The DiSecq swith has four "LNB IN" jacks and one "OUT" to receiver jack. Including the LNB jack on the motor, that means there are a total of five LNB inputs. However, there are only four cables running from the two LNBs.

My specific questions are these:

1. How do I attach the four LNB cables to the four jacks on the DiSecq switch and also to the LNB jack on the motor?

2. Which jack on the back of the receiver (LNB IN or IF OUT) do I attach the cable from the "Rec" jack on the back of the motor?

A clearly labeled diagram would really be helpful. Thanks for any help.

From what you have described, I would run 4 cables from the LNB to the DiSecq switch LNB IN jacks. Then run the out from the switch to the rotor LNB jack. Then run a cable from the Receiver jack on the rotor to the LNB IN jack on the receiver.

If anyone here can confirm this as I don't have a ton of knowledge on this that would be great. I would hate to tell you to hook it up wrong but that makes sense in my mind.

Hope that helps.

My quickie Visio diagram:

I just realized I forgot the motor - hehe - I'll update :)

1st one is w/o motor. 2nd is with motor.

Last edited:
Attach Motor

Thanks guys. The diagram really helps. One of you said attach all four cables to the DiSecQ switch. However, the diagram shows one cable from each LNB is going to what appears to be another switch. Which is correct?

I also have a diplex for my antenna and plan to hook up a multi switch so I can set up three different receivers throughout the house. I want to at least get a working signal on one receiver before I tackle that hurdle.

For now, now it would be great to get a clearer understanding on the cables all going to one switch or two swithces as shown in the diagram. Also the differences (if any) between my 10.75 Ku-LNB and my 11.25 Ku-LNB. Thanks

You only need to hook one cable from the LNB to the switch

The 10.7 LNB is for all the KU band stuff
The 11.2 LNB is for the audio on Dish Network. You really don’t need this unless you want ot set that part up too.

Run a line from each LNB to the switch. Hook the cable from the switch to the motor and to the receiver

The diagram above is if you have 2 receivers

Iceberg said:
You only need to hook one cable from the LNB to the switch

The 10.7 LNB is for all the KU band stuff
The 11.2 LNB is for the audio on Dish Network. You really don’t need this unless you want ot set that part up too.

Run a line from each LNB to the switch. Hook the cable from the switch to the motor and to the receiver

The diagram above is if you have 2 receivers
What he said :).

For 1 reciever ignore the blue lines, the 2nd switch, and the 2nd receiver.

Think of the DiSEqC switches as valves and you can only open one port at a time. I haven't tried a multi-switch with FTA but I I don't think you'll have much luck with it if you want linear and circular avaialble at each reciever. It might work to share a dual Ku LNB with multiple receivers. I'm sure someone here has tried it.

Shawn

3x4 multiswitch works for that option :D

I had 3 receivers off one dual LNB using a 3x4 multiswitch

LNB port 1-----multiswitch V port
LNB port 2-----multiswitch H port

Gave me 4 outputs : )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)